Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hey, new member... :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi people of the internet :) I was referred here by GetConnected, it's been a while since I've used this kind of site. Right now I'm feeling down a lot, and forums etc. have helped before, so thought I'd see what it's all about...

I recently returned home to live with parents after 6 years living away from home, during which time I fell in love, had a 3 year relationship, had a depressing retail job and basically struggled financially. I'm on my way to getting a postgrad research degree. Trying to get my foot in the door for some third sector/charity work (events, research, fundraising, or communications), but no luck as of yet and seem to be caught in the no experience no job, no job no experience cycle. Looking at volunteering.

Also having some emotional problems. I'm not particularly social - I don't like to party much, and everyone I know is elsewhere doing other things. I have feelings for an ex still, and having told him that had messed our friendship up, I think. All kinds of things going on.

Otherwise, what to say about myself? I love to write all kinds of things, especially short stories. My computer keeps me sane. I love European films, and indeed most of my DVDs have subtitles. I like vintage quilts, love eating anything and everything (midnight snacks are par for the course).

Anyway, time to have a gander at the rest of the site. :)

Comments