Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mental health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i could use some advcie on what mental health teams are like what kind of support they offer my gp has reffered me and im worried

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you know which service they've referred you too? as a few are different really.

I don't know how old you are so if you've been referred to CAMHS and they're pretty good, You'll have an assesment with them first and they'll from then try and figure out if they're the best type of person for you to be under and what kind of treatment you can expect, Most of which will be therapy so DBT or CBT.

If you get a Care-Co ordinator this is someone (in my experience) You meet quite regulary, So maybe once a week or twice a month, and you can speak to them about whats been happening with your mental health, How you've been feeling and how things have been, they should discuss treatment options, So maybe refer you for a pyschological assesment, which could diagnose you with a specific mental illness, make a referal for medication or refer you for the types of therapy you can get.

Crisis teams, when you're feeling in crisis you can ring them up and speak to a trained mental health professional on the phone.

Intensive/home treatment teams, someone who comes around once a week or every few days just to check how you're doing/feeling.

But what matters the most is that you feel supported. You should get someone assigned to you if you're referred of to the teams this is usually a CPN or care-cordinator..