Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do I need help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I was last on here!

The thing is, I don't know what's wrong with me. My feelings are all over the place. There are days where I feel fine but there are days where I don't' feel like I can take on the day at all. I feel sad when i wake up, but I feel like I have to pull myself together and bottle everything up so I can seem happy to my parents as I don't want to make them worry.

I've also been having a lot of self confidence issues where I can't bear to look at myself or on some bad occasions, I actually hate myself.

I'm just so scared, I don't know what to do.

My best friend says I should go and see a doctor, but I feel like I'd be wasting their time and mine.

Help me.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Haych. :wave:

First and foremost, don't feel like going to the doctors would be a waste of their time. An unhealthy feeling mind is equally as good reason to see them as an unhealthy body. If they can't do anything themselves they can at least refer you to somebody who can. :)

Is anything going on/has happened that could be causing these feelings, that you know of? How long have you felt like it?
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    Hey Haych. :wave:

First and foremost, don't feel like going to the doctors would be a waste of their time. An unhealthy feeling mind is equally as good reason to see them as an unhealthy body. If they can't do anything themselves they can at least refer you to somebody who can. :)

Is anything going on/has happened that could be causing these feelings, that you know of? How long have you felt like it?

Hi Mike,

I've been feeling like this for a good year or so now, I don't know what it is that's causing it though. Thats what's scaring me. I just seem to bottle up my feelings all the time and it just gets so difficult. I'm a constant worrier too, that gets me down as well.

I have had a few rough patches over the last few months though, but I thought I got over that.

I really don't know what to do, my emotions are everywhere and I'm scared.
  • Options
    Hey Haych,

What's clear from your first post is that you've spoken to at least one person about this which in itself is a positive. As Mike says, you wouldn't at all be wasting the doctors time - their job is to help people, including you, and that's because they want to. How would you feel about asking your friend to go with you for some support? Do you think that might make it easier for you at all?

You mention that you've had a few rough patches over these last few months - would you like to talk about that at all?

Do keep talking to us and know you're not alone *hug*