Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

preparing for something

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have got to be somewhere in a couple of days that i am not looking forward to. I want to cancel and think i could do that but i do not know what would happen if i did cancel and i am scared to find out. I am more scared of turning up though. How can i prepare for something so that i could feel calmer and be able to have full confidence on the day?

Comments

• Options
    I think today is my last chance to cancel if i want
  • Options
    Hey poppy :wave:

Preparation can really help with any event or meeting you have coming up that you're feeling unsure about so it's good that you're thinking of how you can make sure you feel confident on the day :)

It's not clear exactly what you're referring to in terms of what is coming up but one thing that can help is to write a list of the pros and cons about going - what's putting you off but what could potentially come out of it that's positive? It might help to clarify your thoughts a bit?

You mention that you're worried what might happen if you do cancel - are you able to talk to anyone about this to find out?

What do you think might help you make the decision?
  • Options
    Thank you. There are more negatives i think. There's only one positive but already four negatives that i can easily think of. But that is where i struggle to know because it could just be in my head. I am supposed to be meeting up with someone so she is probably the only person i could ask what would happen if i didn't turn up but i know from our first conversation that she seems quite pushy and that this meeting needs to happen in her mind whether or not i want it to. I dont know how to make a decision. I think it would be really easy for me to keep putting it off.
  • Options
    I made a decision now so nvm