Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tingling in side of face

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Although I'm going to see the docs on Monday about this. Maybe someone has had this feeling before?

4 weeks ago, I had very sharp tingling in the side of my face. Every day after that I've had tingling and burning sensation after that day.

I went to the docs to see about it, and she sent me off for a blood test, which came back negative for anything.
She said that I should go back in a week if it didn't clear up but I never returned.

A few days after I saw the doc, my right hand side of my face was burning violently and I felt sick!

For the past couple of days it feels like there's a light cool breeze on my face in the area where it's been tingling and burning.

I keep getting a VERY mild headache but it only lasts for 5 minutes or so.

I've felt shit all day today and I'm a little scared.

I'm thinking that it could be linked to anxiety from being made redundant back in December and from having two leg ulcers. When I saw the doc, she asked what I thought it might be from and I said "anxiety", but she didn't really say anything about it.

Comments

• Options
    could be something called trigeminal neuralgia but I'm no doctor!
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    could be something called trigeminal neuralgia but I'm no doctor!

That is what the doc said but I didn't have the exact same symptoms so she ruled it out.

I'll let you all know what they say tomorrow
  • Options
    Hey SpinTires, let us know how you got on today. It sounds like you've had some really unsettling symptoms.

*hug*
  • Options
    Thanks Jo.

I knew I would forget about this thread lol

They said that it isn't serious. It could be Trigeminal Neuralgia but it isn't. I just have to wait it out until it goes away.

If it doesn't clear in 4 weeks I have to go back.
  • Options
    SpinTires wrote: »
    I had very sharp tingling in the side of my face. Every day after that I've had tingling and burning sensation after that day.

I had this ages ago then it just went away. Strange
  • Options
    SpinTires wrote: »
    Thanks Jo.

I knew I would forget about this thread lol

They said that it isn't serious. It could be Trigeminal Neuralgia but it isn't. I just have to wait it out until it goes away.

If it doesn't clear in 4 weeks I have to go back.

Aww, well thanks for letting us know and sorry you didn't get a more definite answer. Hopefully it clears up :)