Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Long story short, a friend of mine wants to do something that might not help in the long run so I'm a bit wary about essentially encouraging it but equally I fully understand that this is normal behaviour when someone starts to get older, I just think there's a lot more to it so I'm worried about the outcome.

So, I'm at a point where I either encourage for what I think are the right reasons or let said person go it alone after opening up about my honest feelings. I do think I've been as honest as I possibly could be without upsetting him or sounding judgmental. So I don't know, I don't really want to say any more in case I end up pushing him away.

Comments

• Options
    What exactly are you asking? Your post is so vague I can't tell if your mate wants to open up a lemonade stand business or wants to strangle a hooker. Depending what your mate wants to do, the advice will vary greatly.

In general though, if your mate opens up to you, then he does so because he wants your opinion. He might be unsure about it and wants to know what others think. If you are not completely honest with him but giving him what he wants to hear you are doing him a great disservice.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    What exactly are you asking? Your post is so vague I can't tell if your mate wants to open up a lemonade stand business or wants to strangle a hooker.

Obviously the latter because that's certainly something I'd class as normal behaviour.

Never mind, I've said what I'm willing to say about the situation and I appreciate it might not be enough information.
  • Options
    Obviously the latter because that's certainly something I'd class as normal behaviour.

Never mind, I've said what I'm willing to say about the situation and I appreciate it might not be enough information.

If you class his endeavors as normal behavior then I see no problem with encouraging it.
  • Options
    It's okay guys, thanks anyway.