Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fed up. (WARNING RANT)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To be honest I just about give up on everything...
I have barely any true friends,
People turn on me all the time and I just give up on trying to be friends with people.

I feel shit!!!!! I wish I could just curl up in a corner and hide forever. People are shit.

I'm always let down by people... It feels like nobody cares anymore and I just want a few true friends.. People who won't be bitchy behind my back. I have 1 maybe 2 people in school and they aren't in my lessons..And I don't even class them as true friends...
I just wanna go back to the old me.. I used to have great friendships... But I've never had a best friend. I want that best friend who cares about me. Wants to speak to me all the time and doesn't give up on me... Wants to do stuff with me. I just want one person.
It feels like people just use me when someone better is never around... I'm never good enough, not for a friendship or a relationship.

Sorry for ranting. I needed to let this out:/

Comments

• Options
    Either you are picking your friends from the wrong crowd or it is time to take a long hard look at yourself to figure out why people are turning against you.
  • Options
    To be honest I don't know what it is, I try to get along with people and I've become a very quiet person. So... Yeah...
  • Options
    Hey Charlee,

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time with some of your friendships. You mention you have 1 or 2 people that you do get along okay with but that they're not in your lessons - can you tell us a bit more about those friendships? Perhaps you could work on making those stronger?

Friendships do take time to grow even if you find someone that you click with straight away.

You mentioned wanting to go back to the 'old you' and that you used to have more friendships? Do you know what was different then? You mention you have become quiet - do you know why that might be? Are there other things going on in your life that might be affecting your confidence or how you are with people?

We've got some info on making friends that you might like to read as well: http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/friendship/making-new-friends-3322.html

Keep talking to us and we'll see what we can do to help :)
  • Options
    Hey there Charlee :)

I just wanted to say that I agree with Jo7 - and that sometimes friendships can take a while to blossom, but if you put the legwork in - they can develop.

Do you think that finding it tough to make friends has made you into a quieter person? Or is there something else that has happened to make this change happen?

I'm sorry you are having a rough time of it and you feel so low. Perhaps, as Jo7 mentioned, you could build up the connection you have with the 1 or 2 people you already know, and you might feel a little less alone?

Hope things get better for you :thumb: