Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling with mindfulness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im sophie im struggling with my mind ,ive startded mcbt mindfullness programme and loads of fear have come up has anyone tried this and could shed some light on this as im not sure what is going on and wish to feel happy again. thank you xsophiex

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to TheSite boards :)
  • Options
    Welcome
  • Options
    Hey sunshineSophie and welcome to the boards :wave:

I'm glad you've found us and I have just moved your thread over here into our Health & Wellbeing forum as you're likely to get more replies and it may be that others have been on similar courses?

It sounds like you're struggling with these feelings of fear and it's understandable that you're looking for some relief - you talk about wanting to feel happy again.

I wonder if there is someone from the programme that you can contact or talk to next time you meet about how to handle these feelings that have come up? Focusing on your breathing and finding ways to relax could also be worth trying in the short term.

Have you been on the programme for long? It would be good to hear a bit more about it so that we can see what we can suggest.

Do you have a close friend or family member that you could speak to at all?