Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm not happy.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you ever felt like you thought you were happy but on the inside you truly truly are lonely. I don't really understand why I feel this way , I have friends I, I have family who are sometimes helping but I can't seem to shake this unhappiness deep inside. Maybe it's because I'm still single or maybe it's because of the fb post of people happy and doing things while I'm at home slowly waiting to die. It's not like these feelings just started happening either it's been about for the last 4 months. It's awful to know I've changed from being so happy and making the best out of any situation and staying optimistic to turning into a lonely girl with a bunch of friends that never help when you need it but when they need it I'm ALL ears . It sucks , I need help ....I don't even know what it's like to be truly happy anymore. 😧

Comments

• Options
    Weldone for posting

Sorry to hear ur unhappy :(

Have u tryed to write down how u feeling and giving it someone u trust

Sometimes I find it help full

*writeing down my feelings on a spidergram
    *drawing u or a sad face and how u feeling
    Then scrowing it up and put it in the bin

Here some links
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/pages/feel-better-and-happy.aspx

Can I ask u in school/collage/work

Keep postinmg
  • Options
    Feeling lonely is actually really common Lonelyhime. Have you ever been to visit your GP about feeling so unhappy? Do you feel able to talk to friends or family about it?

We're always here to listen *hug*
  • Options
    You see I've kind of tried going to someone or writing it down but that just makes my hands tired and my thoughts go far to fast for me to write down . .

My friends as I previously mentioned ... are not helpful but when they need help I'm always there. If I tell my friends my problems they either don't care to listen or say something like "sorry" and go back to normal conversation when I'm obviously not in the mood. One of my friends has me as "moody judy" in there phone for me of course it's comical to him but not to me it really let's me know no one's listening or caring so all I have left is the Internet for comfort. Not my so called "best friends" 😩
  • Options
    Are u in collage/school/working how old are u

Have u thought having counselloring not saying u cont get help here at all
  • Options
    I'm in my last year of high school , I'm 17 . I've tried with counseling all they wanna do is call my parents to see if the problem is coming from home which it's not
  • Options
    I'm in my last year of high school , I'm 17 . I've tried with counseling all they wanna do is call my parents to see if the problem is coming from home which it's not

Are there any teachers you feel able to talk to? School nurse? *hug*
  • Options
    Definitely not , they would do the same thing try to blame my parents and not understand how I feel ...I just want someone my age to understand and relate .
    (Also my phone dropped and cracked today so I really feel awful)
  • Options
    Hey :wave:
    I totally get where you're coming from. Sometimes you can be surrounded by people but still feel lonely. And it sucks. But the good news is there's things you can do to stop yourself from constantly feeling this way 😊
    You said you have a bunch of friends, do you meet up with them and do fun stuff? Getting out of the house and being with people you really want to be with can help you feel less alone
    Is there anything you really love doing? Or something you fancy starting? Joining clubs etc can help. Its also a good way of making friends. As is volunteering 😊
    Finally, talking about your feeling can help you of load some of the emotions. Plus by making a thread like this you may see that your not alone in what your going through and other people may be going through similar experiences.

Hope you're okay?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Thanks for understanding. The problem is if I can't even talk and express myself to these people I definitely don't want to hang out with them and that's a problem because I love being out the house , I would literally enjoy a walk in the rain but those so called "friends " are just exhausting to be around. Am I being to hard headed ? There might be something really wrong with me i guess ....it's like when I see my friends I feel happy for a sec and then all of a sudden I start to lose interest and while they're laughing and carrying on with normal conversation I start to hate them and feel worse and worse and I don't know. ��
  • Options

Do you think you'd be able to explain to them how you feel when they blame your parents? If so, it might help to give them a bit more of an understanding. I also wanted to mention that there's a confidentiality policy that can't actually be broken unless they think you or someone else are in quite serious and immediate danger *hug*
  • Options
    Hi LonelyHime, first how are you? i feel you, there are times i feel this way :(