Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling, may trigger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am getting to that point in life where i cant take anymore.

The place where i live they hate me they have asked me to leave ive got 28days... i had a meeting with the deputy manager of the new place i could be moving to and i dont think ill be going there. We are running out of options as everywhere else has refused me so this place is our last option.

Ive got the rape to deal with and the police keep asking questions and taking me back to where the rape happened and asking me to relive it to them.

I have college to deal with im struggling so hard with the work. Its harder than i thought and my tutor thinks it might be to soon for me to do college so she may ask me to leave and do this course nect year.

8 weeks ago today i lost my baby i miscarried and im struggling with that and coming to terms with the fact that im no longer pregnant.

My Grandad who sexually abused me for 7 years is really ill been dignosed with prostate cancer and its spreading like wild fire he keeps having ops to remove things its making him really unwell, i know he abused me but he is still my grandad at the end of the day.

My mum is really poorly her BP is really high and she is most likely to have a heart attack or stroke at any time and i cant see her :'(

Im so sorry for the long post and MODS if this isnt allowed then please remove. I just need to get it out

Sorry
OB

Comments

• Options
    Hi Old biddy,

You've got a lot going on here, it's no wonder you're feeling overwhelmed. I hope it helped to get this off your chest here.

Home is where we should feel safe and secure so when our place to live is in trouble it can have a huge impact on our overall wellbeing and ability to cope and to feel calm - hopefully you'll get this sorted soon which will help to make everything else a little easier to manage. What was it about the interview that made you feel it might not be very hopeful at this new place?

Sometimes taking a year out can be a really good move. Try not to see this option as a step back if it happens but that you're giving yourself the best chance possible to do well at college and to be able to enjoy it and really get the most out of your time there!

Taking time out to focus on looking after yourself, having some space and time to grieve and to work through the recent assault will all mean that when you do go back to college you're much happier there and more able to focus. It's something to think about anyway.

On the flip side you may feel that the routine and distraction of college could be helpful for you? If that's the case then organising time to talk to your tutors about what support you might need or to work with the college counsellor if needs be could really help you to make progress.

Well done for putting the trigger warning on your post, that was helpful as it gives people the heads up that they may find some of what you've said distressing. You've not posting anything graphically or outside of our guildelines so you don't need to worry.

It sounds like you could benefit from having someone to confide in about all these emotions - can you tell us about what support you have? Don't forget that Samaritans and TESS are both options if you're feeling on edge.

Sending a big hug *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks Jo for replying, ive now dropped college as my tutor thought it would be too much for me the stress would be too much... but she did say i can apply again in april time next year and i can do again :-) so i have a few months to get myself well again... yeah im still relapsing at the moment but i have put my foot down with my cco and sw and they are getting the help i need and asked for so things will start to look up :-) xx