Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bit of a sticky situation.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi :)

Okay, so for a while now I've had this extremely overwhelming feeling of loneliness and I can't seem to shake it off.
But the worse thing is that I'm surrounded by people majority of the time.
I have a family who love me and two best friends that mean the world to me. But even having these things can't get rid of this feeling.

I don't go out much as I have a full time job and work at a pub on the weekend, as i thought this would help me to make new friends. However, this hasn't worked and on several occasions I've just felt the biggest urge to cry my lungs out because of it.

I just want people to talk to y'know?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it. :)

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    well i know it's not the same but you've always got us to talk to! :) theres always someone around 24/7 ... do yous not have work nights out or anything? you should try go outwith your friends on a day off, go to the pubs or something lol. when i feel lonely i always find going to a cafe with my best mate helps :) gets you outta the house and can have a good catchup and rant about life :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    We all feel lonely from time to time for different reason. It can be a really hard thing to cope with though.

You said you have family and friends around you, which is great. Was just wondering if you were able to talk to them about how you're feeling?

You've always got the boards if you ever need a chat too. There's always someone around to answer ☺

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hi Haych,

Hope you're feeling better. Maybe you just the complete opposite, spend time with yourself and get to know yourself better. Be happy with who you are and as weird as it sounds, become your own best friend. Once you're comfortable with yourself and your own personality, you can present your best version to the world and you'll feel unstoppable.

The friends and new experiences will come in time, but first make sure you heal and become better from within, not always from other people. And another thing, it's okay to cry and feel sad. Acknowledge the feeling, go through it and come out the other side feeling better. Feel your emotions and know that you can become the best and happiest person you can be :)

I love Andrew WK's Twitter, he has some great motivational tweets. https://twitter.com/AndrewWK
  • Options
    jwenham wrote: »
    Hi Haych,

Hope you're feeling better. Maybe you just the complete opposite, spend time with yourself and get to know yourself better. Be happy with who you are and as weird as it sounds, become your own best friend. Once you're comfortable with yourself and your own personality, you can present your best version to the world and you'll feel unstoppable.

The friends and new experiences will come in time, but first make sure you heal and become better from within, not always from other people. And another thing, it's okay to cry and feel sad. Acknowledge the feeling, go through it and come out the other side feeling better. Feel your emotions and know that you can become the best and happiest person you can be :)

I love Andrew WK's Twitter, he has some great motivational tweets. https://twitter.com/AndrewWK

Thank you so much, that means a lot.