Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone believe in dreams?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whenever I have a strange dream I google it and usually the meaning that comes up is related to what's going on in my life at the time

Although sometimes I wonder if this is just one of those things that people can make relevant no matter what the situation (like horoscopes) does anyone think there's anything truth to the idea that dreams are your brains way of working out problems?

In my dream last night I had a little boy, toddler and talking but still young enough to be in nappies. I'm not sure if he was mine or I was just babysitting. We were in a restaurant and I had to change him as was really desperate to go. I went into this room that was like a giant baby changing room with loads of stations, sinks, wipes, nappies, everything set up. I take the nappy off him and he starts pooping ALOT, which goes everywhere on the floor cupboards, me. For some reason there was two kids already in the room and I was asking them for help to bring me wipes, bags etc as I had no idea what I was doing, couldn't find anything. The dream ended before I could get him cleaned up and re-nappied.

Anyway I googled this and dreaming of dirty nappies is a sign that you have a childish attitude and too dependent on others and that I need to sort it out and stop acting so childishly. This has come about in a time when I'm too scared to move out and take care of myself and at 24 am still mostly dependent on my parents, torn with a desire to be independent but absolutely shit scared (ha, no pun intended)

So just trying to start an interesting convo here, what does everyone think and has a dream you've had ever turn out to represent something in your life at the time?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I believe dreams are jumbled up thoughts that you've had, and new ones you're having in your sleep.

Which means that what a dream means is primarily unique to you. Theoretically, you and I could have the exact same dream and it would mean different things.

I've had dreams that clearly represented things that were happening. Others are too weird to understand their meaning.
    An example of the former was when I was in my dad's house with my stepmum and the twins, and there was a huge bear outside roaring and trying to ram the doors down. I'm quite sure that was because I was afraid my mother might try to hurt them.