Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I had you. A tribute to my nanny <3

casscubcasscub Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
I am 8 and your still here
Its summer time and
We are in a field laughing
Smiling and flying a kite

I am now 9 and soon it
Will be christmas too!
I do not know at the time
But this will be the last christmas.

Its new years day and we
Are all happy and excited
I am smiling and excited to
Be talking to you

I phone and wish you a
Very Happy Birthday
And we laugh at the card
I sent to you.

But before i know 7 days later
You are gone your not here
I miss your hugs and your voice
Its not the same anymore without you.

I look up at you everyday
I look up at you every night
I relies how much i miss you
But that i will be with you in the future

I miss you so much but
We are not apart for we are
Together in spirit forever
And will always be in my memories forever

My hero the one i treasure
My family member the one I love
My mums mum who is the world
My nanny and will always be forever

I had a few problems with doing this because it took everything out of me emotionally but i did it and am proud and i am sure my nanny would be too x I miss you nanny
"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" 
Lyndon B.Johnson 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not gonna lie, this made me well up a little. She would be proud, Casscub. :)

Sorry to hear about her passing though, you have my condolences.
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, this made me well up a little. She would be proud, Casscub. :)

Sorry to hear about her passing though, you have my condolences.

Thanks Mike i am older but not much and am still struggling but its never going to get easier especially after losing two people this year and 3 in the last 3 years its been really hard :'(
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    This must have been difficult to write cass, I'm sure your nanny would be proud too. Big hugs *hug*
  • Options
    This must have been difficult to write cass, I'm sure your nanny would be proud too. Big hugs *hug*

Thank you for the hug helenmelon it helped me a lot that hug did.

It was really hard to write but equally at the same time i felt some kind of relief that i did it because it helped me to show how i feel and what is going on inside my heart <3 *hug*
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    Wow casscub this made tears come to my eyes! She will be incredibly proud of you. I lost my Nan 3 years ago and what helps me is thinking that she is now my guardian Angel and is protecting me from harm. Your Nan will be doing the same to you
    Sending lots of cuddles

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Wow casscub this made tears come to my eyes! She will be incredibly proud of you. I lost my Nan 3 years ago and what helps me is thinking that she is now my guardian Angel and is protecting me from harm. Your Nan will be doing the same to you
    Sending lots of cuddles

Thank you BeckiBoo i am sorry to hear about you losing your nan *hug* i wish i could say that i am not struggling but i am still am 5 nearly 6 years on because i miss her and it feels like it was only yesterday that i also said good bye to her as well still. Thank you for the hugs :)
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    this will have made her proud :) i miss my grandad who passed away 6 years ago later this month its hard as you grow up as you realize more that they are gone. nicely written
  • Options
    casscub wrote: »
    Thank you BeckiBoo i am sorry to hear about you losing your nan *hug* i wish i could say that i am not struggling but i am still am 5 nearly 6 years on because i miss her and it feels like it was only yesterday that i also said good bye to her as well still. Thank you for the hugs :)

There's no time limit on grief. Some people never get over losing a loved one where as others aren't really affected. Both are completely normal. Just try to remember the good memories you had with her. I know it's easier said then done but I know she would want you to be happy :)

• Options
    rosebud wrote: »
    this will have made her proud :) i miss my grandad who passed away 6 years ago later this month its hard as you grow up as you realize more that they are gone. nicely written

I am sorry to hear about your grandad *hug* i just want to bring her back and if i had to switch places with her then i would thats how much i want her back as well but also so that she could see this poem :'(
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    There's no time limit on grief. Some people never get over losing a loved one where as others aren't really affected. Both are completely normal. Just try to remember the good memories you had with her. I know it's easier said then done but I know she would want you to be happy :)

Okay thanks BeckiBoo *hug* I will always remember them i promise
    Lyndon B.Johnson