Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

URGENT! Lloyds Bank didn't cancel my mums card when she asked them to.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
Someone tried to spend 60GBP of cash of my mums card and when she rang up asking them to cancel it they said they'd cancelled it when they actually didn't. 800GBP has recently been spent at oxfam, dominoes pizza and superdrug. My mum doesn't know how to contact them how because it is a weekend however I am convinced they haven't followed protocols and would like a copy of such protocols so that I can take action and know my mums rights.

My mums bank account is now empty and she needs to pay the rent because she forgot to do so last month. My mum also works in Liverpool so she's hours away from home and it costs her a lot on petrol.

Comments

• Options
    There will be a contact number on the llyods website
  • Options
    All banks care about is their profits. My bank (Nationwide) put an overdraft on my account without telling me. So, if they ask 'Would you like a new care say no. They make millions in bank charges
  • Options
    Lloyds Bank call centres are open 24/7 for lost and stolen cards. I'm pretty sure they're open for most other things over that time frame to. If your mum rings up the lost and stolen number and explain the situation, Lloyds have generally been quite good for me in the past when I had something similar happen to me.