Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diagnosis for Aspergers.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Almost forgot to post this!

So this woman's son is 21 now and she is 99 percent certain that he has Aspergers syndrome. She wants to get a proper diagnosis for it, for various reasons, but her son is refusing point blank to go to the doctors so she feels completely stuck with what to do next.

I got diagnosed through Camhs so didn't really know what to suggest, but I agreed to at least try and find out any possible options for her.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I got diagnosed through CMHT.

If he won't go to the doctors, I don't think there's much she can do.
  • Options
    It has to be his choice to go. I can imagine that he's feeling quite scared and anxious at the thought of having to talk to people he doesn't really know about his problems. Maybe a bit of reassurance from you could help? Maybe explain that you went to see someone and you was diagnosed. Also mention how you was feeling when you went and the difference in feeling when you left (if that's true)
    Keep us posted :)

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Melian wrote: »
    I got diagnosed through CMHT.

If he won't go to the doctors, I don't think there's much she can do.

This. As he's over 18, it's really down to him whether he chooses to go or not.