Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Happy Friday Competition

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
friday.png

Good morning lovelies :wave:

So this weeks Friday thread is going to be a little different, as you may have noticed from the title. Carry on reading and you'll find out why.

First things first, this weekend I am back to volunteering tomorrow, bowling with a group of inspirational and lovely young people :)

On Sunday I am hopefully going to be going on a walk, I love my long walks on my own just me and my music :)

So... Competition time

The aim of this competition is to share what plans you have this weekend that show you being really independent.

This could be something like a interest you have that is just something that you do on your own, or it could be something like doing your weekly food shop. So for me, this weekend something that shows me being independent is my volunteering role.

TheSite's friends over at ebuyer.com have given us an iPod shuffle for the lucky winner. Find out more about it here.

419688-406732-290.jpg

You have until midnight on Sunday to share what you plan to do or have done this weekend that was just for you, then on Monday, all the entries will be put into a hat and a winner will be picked for the iPod

Good luck to everybody :)

Sharing is caring :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This weekend my parents are on holiday so I'm having to cook for myself and stuff, I guess that's independent?

Tonight and tomorrow I've got my last ever ballet lessons, I'm dreading saying goodbye to my little ones, and then Sunday I'm going to watch the Tour de France with grandad and uncle :)
  • Options
    ninaballet wrote: »
    This weekend my parents are on holiday so I'm having to cook for myself and stuff, I guess that's independent?

Tonight and tomorrow I've got my last ever ballet lessons, I'm dreading saying goodbye to my little ones, and then Sunday I'm going to watch the Tour de France with grandad and uncle :)
    Yes that is being very independant :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Saturday ive got the massive oppenings of the cathedral gardens in the city which im helping to run :D very excited will be long day but fun, then on sunday off to church can cooking lunch and dinner for everyone as there all in and out also hopefully helping with the lil ones at church :) exciting weekend! :D
  • Options
    Spending the weekend with Mr Riot and taking his little one to the petting zoo this weekend. Then taking it easy Sunday and seeing if the weather holds out to go round the park and feed the ducks.
  • Options
    Mine seems slightly silly. I recently bought two gorgeous little guinea pigs. One of them is potentially seriously ill. The staff here won't assists me on any appointments with them as its all about 'accepting responsibility'. So I woke up eArly this morning and was on the phone to pets at home as they cover the vet bills within thirty days of buying the guinea pigs. But they were really messing me around on the phone. But I got it sorted and I have an appointment for a vets nearby. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but caused me huge amounts of panic. On Sunday I'm attempting to cook a roast dinner for seven people here, that involved getting people's preferences what time they'll be in etc. Will probably be a disaster as the best thing I can currently cook is a simple stir fry :') ah well, giving it a shot.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    I'm packing all my stuff and moving into a house to live on my own.

Think that probably counts.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ellie :) wrote: »
    Mine seems slightly silly. I recently bought two gorgeous little guinea pigs. One of them is potentially seriously ill. The staff here won't assists me on any appointments with them as its all about 'accepting responsibility'. So I woke up eArly this morning and was on the phone to pets at home as they cover the vet bills within thirty days of buying the guinea pigs. But they were really messing me around on the phone. But I got it sorted and I have an appointment for a vets nearby. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but caused me huge amounts of panic. On Sunday I'm attempting to cook a roast dinner for seven people here, that involved getting people's preferences what time they'll be in etc. Will probably be a disaster as the best thing I can currently cook is a simple stir fry :') ah well, giving it a shot.

I have avatar envy! Whispers has outdone herself with that one ;)

Well done on getting the vets sorted, doesn't sound like they made it easy for you.

What are you doing for the roast?
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi everyone - sorry I've not been around for a while, had an exam of my own to revise for then a crazy amount on at work but I'm back now :)

Love these replies - Ellie that is definitely independent and frankipanda moving out well and truly is too!!

Mine's going to sound super cheesy and silly, but my OH is going away on a stag do for the weekend so I'm doing everything on my own! To be honest, I'm quite independent anyway, but still doesn't mean I like being in the house on my own the whole time. So I'm going shopping with my Mum and having the girls over for drinks and pizza Sat night - woop!!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I'm doing the opposite of being independent this weekend - off to my girlfriend's and I'm unlikely to be being independent there!
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Went on the ferry for 14 hours each way, to do a bit of shopping, had to plan everything out so i would eat, and be on time for the boat and appointment and keeping myself safe from the drunken workers on the boat bar :) also with managing money ... but it didnt really go to plan, got 5 pairs of shoes :P but needed a bit of retail therapy:) guess it's kinda independant
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Loving all your replies so far, keep them coming lovely people :)
  • Options
    Well yesterday I went clothes shopping then went to a 7th birthday party, which was sooooo cute! She was so excited. Then came home around 6ish and was told I was going out for tea
    Today I am doing absolutely nothing! I cleaned my flat and now I am sat on my couch being lazy! Its so nice out today as well but all my friends are busy!
    Then tomorrow I'm not doing anything apart from spending time with my carers and having sunday dinner!
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    I have avatar envy! Whispers has outdone herself with that one ;)

Well done on getting the vets sorted, doesn't sound like they made it easy for you.

What are you doing for the roast?

WOTH is very talented :)

I'm going to attempt beef with roasties, veg, Yorkshire pudding etc.
    Tis hard though, someone doesn't like they're potatoes to crispy and another doesn't like them not crispy. And then someone else won't eat frozen veg... :D this is more trouble than it's worth!

• Options
    *Bump*
    Just to let you all know you still have til Midnight today to share what you have done to be independant this weekend.

Happy sharing and again best of luck to all those who have entered :heart:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Haha, thanks guys! Was away on DofE practice expedition over the weekend, core blimey it was a toughy! - But was all around being independant :p - The pain, the physical exhaustion and the dramatical weather changes in Wales, but out team got through it, and got back in one piece!

P.s - I fell asleep at 6:40something (Catching up on sleep), so never really saw this thread, to late to enter?
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey everyone!
    Thanks for your entries.

The competition closed at midnight and all your names were put in a beautiful TheSite tote bag (including yours Whispers ;) ).

Emma, our CEO (i.e. the big cheese) then picked out a name:

sPEPPGe.jpg

And the winner is...

plugitin!!

Congrats plugitin. I'll be in touch shortly about your prize :thumb:
  • Options
    Well done to all those who took part.

Congrats plugitin :):heart:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    well done plugitin :) was great to hear everyones plans