Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys :wave:
I was just wondering if it was only me that struggles when theres no chat? I didn't realise until not how helpful chats are but I feel so alone when they're not on.... Guess its just me being daft as per usual!

Comments

• Options
    I kind of thought that to at the beginning BeckiBoo but I think it's just that u know u got a support network around u all the time when everyone is in the same boat but I have kind of realised that without the chat u can still have this support network on the messaging boards but I know it's not as the same as having a chat on the chat room. I think u may prefer the general chat to the support chat which is something u find very supportive as it's less formal can more general discussion. I think I may have to agree with u there two but I'm the same two thinking that there's not much else to do apart from going on the messaging boards. Your not on ur own and think people feel just the same as u do. Don't feel embarrassed cuz ur only voicing ur opinion. Next time there's General Chat on u should discuss this with everyone and see what other people think but this is my response to ur question. Hope that has helped and if u need someone to talk to in the mean time then u always got me :) u could maybe keep urself busy whilst still being on the site boards like talking to other people over facebook or watching tv or a film so u don't get bored being on here with no one to talk to but u know there's always someone to talk to if ur having a bad day or something.
  • Options
    Thanks for this. Its good to know that I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm here for you too
  • Options
    Totally understand where you're coming from, chat can be such a massive help in the moment. Do you have any friends you could talk to? Just a general natter to keep you occupied? Don't forget you can start more chilled out threads too if you'd like (just like your Bucket List thread!)

I hope you're okay, we're here for you :)
  • Options
    Yeah I have a few friends but they're all busy during the day - this is when I start struggling.
  • Options
    I really do know how u feel Becki Boo. It's like when I have spare time over the weekends there's no one who's avaliable cuz they are doing something but if ur stuck on things to do then u could always join up a club free of charge depending where so u can have something to do over the weekends and making new friends.

Don't have to be anything formal, can just be a drawing club or a music club etc what u like doing. Volunteering maybe an option for u two as I heard u say u are unemployed at the moment but looking for work so doing some vountering work will give u something to do whilst ur looking for work and u may even want to become a volunteer after.

There's a website called DoIT.org.uk where u will find local activities what's going on in ur area and where u can join. It's finding something to focus on which is a propriety right now. I know u didn't like the idea of meeting new people but if u could start up in a beingings group first then u won't feel the outsider as everyone else would be new two.

Theres advice on the site about confidence building and how it will help u and also advice on work and volunteering and how to get started. Hope that helps and u have got someone here for u always. Don't worry about that. I know how u feel as I'm the same but ur not on ur own. Stay strong and determined for urself :) x