Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to do when you feel alone and unsupported - I've tried so now feel worse.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mother and father are meant to be recovering alcoholics. My mum and Dad have both had days this week where they've been drunk and abusive to me for no reason.

I don't have any friends I can confide in. I've tried to make some. I've tried karate class, volunteering, dance class, meetup.com, dating sites. I've also investigated different adult education classes locally and there is very little on offer.

I work full time, but there is no social side.

I've tried speaking to my gp on many occasions, tried anti-depressants and a range of talking therapies with little success. Recently I've been doing psychotherapy to improve my self esteem and it has helped 'my therapist is leaving the country in a few month'

I've found the Samaritans and Al-Anon a waste of time.

People seem very keen to suggest doctors and A & E, but realistically, I wonder if that's appropriate, it's not a doctors job to fix a sad life.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How old are you? Maybe you just need to sever ties with your parents, move away and start over somewhere else?