Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling really down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know what's wrong with me I was doing so well id had three good days in a row and was so proud of myself now I've hit rock bottom again.

I'm angry, upset, tired and frustrated.

I can't cope with my moods and my head anymore

Everything I do or say just ruins everything.

My family are upset because I didn't go home today because I missed my coach because I was too hungover yet they don't know that.

Ughh I feel so crap...

Samaritans are no good either I've tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    Hi unforgiven,

How have things been for you recently!?

I find I have a few good days then it's like they never happened and I get angry and pissed off at myself for not being able to pick up again.

Have you any ways that you have found to improve how you feel? Maybe something that makes you feel good about yourself or something to take your mind off how you're feeling? It can be difficult to do that at times but pushing through and keep going is strong on its own and posing on here so well done.

Hoping you feel a bit better :)

• Options
    Hey blondieliz

Things have been absolutely shit and just got worse, my "friend" was meant to visit this evening and she's let me down, so now I'm say here drowning my sorrows

I give up trying to make others when they couldn't give a damn about me

Ughh I was so excited for this evening, bought alcohol, snacks and even cleaned up my house now I'm sat feeling depressed and shitty hating everything 😑

😭😭😭😭

• Options
    Hey unforgiven, how are you doing?

It really sucks when you have a plan that you're excited about and then get let down, it can leave you feel a bit empty and hopeless and put you off making new plans. The thing is, if you don't make any new plans then you're likely to feel worse - what have you got planned over the Easter weekend?

You know, those three days in a row that you were doing well were a fantastic achievement and now you know you can do it so it's something to build on :yes: What was it about those days that made things easier or you felt more able to cope? And do you know what triggered things to go downhill again?

Each time you go through something like this you can learn a bit more about yourself that helps you for next time.

You're certainly not alone in struggling with what goes on in your head - you might find our advice page on moods useful to have a look at as a starting point: http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/looking-after-yourself/understanding-mood-swings-6286.html

Big hug *hug*
  • Options
    Hey Jo,

Umm getting there slowly, I still feel mega shit that my friend didn't come and makes me not want to make plans with people ever again since I hate being let down πŸ˜”

The Easter weekend I've been home visiting my family back in Manchester, it's been nice but I've been very stressed as I always am when I go home because there's too many people I have to deal with and I have a nervous feeling in my tummy that anything could kick off at any time. All they do is fight and argue and it's too much for me trying to hide my depression and anxiety and pretend everything is okay when it's really not.

Back to London tomorrow though, can't wait tbh.

Umm I think a lot of it was distraction why I feel a little better but as soon as I had to hit reality and spend time alone thinking everything went down hill from there and I got as low as wanting to harm again. The trigger was me overthinking and being alone but I hate being around others too so i can't win.

I'm starting a fluid only diet next week since I'm determined to lose weight since a couple if people have mentioned whilst I've been home that I've gained weight which has made me feel terrible so I'm going on a fluid diet to shed the pounds which is gonna be a mega strain since I start placement next week again on 12.5 hour shifts in a&e which I'm petrified for

I'm struggling Jo and don't know what to do πŸ˜”

• Options
    Hey unforgiven_,

I know it's been a while since you posted this but I wanted to check in and see how you're getting on?

How have things been the last few days?

It sounds like Easter weekend was quite stressful for you, being around arguments can be hard so it's important to have some down time, just to yourself where you can do something you enjoy or just sit quietly and relax or chat to someone to give yourself a break and put yourself first.

Distractions can be really useful as a way of coping and reminding yourself that low periods can and do pass. But as you say, they don't necessarily solve the underlying issues so in the long term it sounds like you could really benefit from some ongoing support - have you got any support from your GP or another professional at the moment? It might be time to have a chat with them and see if you can get a referral for some talking treatment - would that be something you'd be interested in trying?

I'm also a bit concerned about this crash diet - we've got some really good advice around diets that you might find useful to read: http://www.thesite.org/your-body/fitness-and-diet/fast-diet-fad-diet-7460.html

Having a healthy diet and doing something active a few times a week can have a positive impact on your mental health too so depriving yourself could mean that your energy levels are affected which could make getting to your placement pretty tough.

Let us know how you're getting on *hug*
  • Options
    Jo,

ermm things are getting there slowly! i couldnt go to placement wednesday for my first day since i was petrified so im in trouble for that! This is worrying me...
    I managed to build up the courage to go to placement on thursday and even though i had the worst anxiety and shakes i managed to get through the day, i went back on friday and although its draining i slightly enjoyed it and really proud of myself for going and keep telling myself im doing well since i went which is good i guess.

i wasnt very well because of the diet and called 111 who then called an ambulance nut they were too busy to come see me which really annoyed me since its the second time this has happened and then i feel if i have a bad episode of being low and depressed i cant even call an ambulance to help because they are unreliable which is slightly better.

im trying to be positive as i can, but i have my moments im attending CBT but dont feel its helped me yet but will keep going for now.

My main issue atm is alcohol, i cant stop drinking or wanting to drink and because all my friends are unreliable i drink on my own but its my only distraction atm :/

but im happy with my progress just very scared i go back to being low :(
  • Options
    Jo,

ermm things are getting there slowly! i couldnt go to placement wednesday for my first day since i was petrified so im in trouble for that! This is worrying me...
    I managed to build up the courage to go to placement on thursday and even though i had the worst anxiety and shakes i managed to get through the day, i went back on friday and although its draining i slightly enjoyed it and really proud of myself for going and keep telling myself im doing well since i went which is good i guess.

i wasnt very well because of the diet and called 111 who then called an ambulance nut they were too busy to come see me which really annoyed me since its the second time this has happened and then i feel if i have a bad episode of being low and depressed i cant even call an ambulance to help because they are unreliable which is slightly better.

im trying to be positive as i can, but i have my moments im attending CBT but dont feel its helped me yet but will keep going for now.

My main issue atm is alcohol, i cant stop drinking or wanting to drink and because all my friends are unreliable i drink on my own but its my only distraction atm :/

but im happy with my progress just very scared i go back to being low :(

Slowly is okay! ;) Massive well done for getting through the end of last week on your placement and it's really cool to hear that you even felt able to start enjoying it even if its been quite draining. What elements of it are you enjoying most?

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get the response you wanted from the ambulance team - it was brave to call and recognise you needed some help but them being unreliable no wonder leaves you feeling a bit 'why did i bother?' I wonder if it's worth following up with your GP about what happened and if they can give you any other options for who to call in that situation again? There is usually an out of hours GP as well that could be worth trying.

Do you want to tell us a bit more about the alcohol? It sounds like your'e not all that comfortable with it being your only distraction and I wonder if you could get that escapism in another way? Friends can be a right pain in the arse sometimes and when you're feeling low it's hard to feel assertive and give them a kick up the arse but when you're feeling positive do try and persevere with making plans - the company of others is something we all need as humans and even if it's only an hour or two it might help you to feel less isolated.

Hold on to that happy and proud feeling about the progress you have made, you deserve it and you can continue to build on it :yes:
    *hug*