Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yeah...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I'm kinda new here, as in I've literally just joined. But I hope to actually gain some friends on here because, I dont think I have any.... I mean I have friends in college and that but when I'm not in college its just me. Nobody texts me or inboxes me on facebook or tweets me on twitter or invite me anywhere on weekends or half term... I end up just doing work or listening to music all day.

I used to go out with my family like a whole load but recently we havent the money to do anything! And the weather doesn't help, I mean its always raining or too cold to go anywhere, ALWAYS.

I've never had a boyfriend either so it's not like I'll be doing anything on Valentines day. I usually go to Pizza Hut with the family but we dont even have the money to do that! Plus I've never had a crush on anyone. Well never until now, but that's another story that I'll have to get out another time...

But seriously, NOBODY talks to me outside of college. It's always just me. I've recently got into baking random little cakes here and then to pass the time after doing my homework and yes it is really time consuming, but I presume it would be more fun when someone is there to help you with it or to talk to when waiting for the product to cook...

Television doesn't help pass the time of day either. I am looking everywhere for something to do just to pass the time because when I contact my friends, they never reply. DO I SMELL OR SOMETHING?! Half term's next week too and I have absolutely nothing to do.

I have some friends in Spain but recently when I WhatsApp them, they ignore my texts. I feel so alone!! I have no friends, no boyfriend, no money to go anywhere. Which would explain why I have the time to sit here and write all of this out - because I've only been home 2 hours and I've already finished all of my half term homework :'(

It's gotten to the point where I look at my self in the mirror and think 'Just give up, your useless'. Then I start judging myself on all the negatives about me. 'You could loose a whole load of weight', 'your never going to get a boyfriend cos if you did you'd have on by now' - which is why I hardly ever eat and possibly overwork myself with exercise. I know it's not good but it helps me loose weight rapidly. I've tried self-indulging but I just can't bring myself to it. Plus nobody has actually asked me out so clearly I'm undateable. I see all of these programmes with love storylines and songs about love and everything. I'm just never going to know.

if anybody has any advice on how to me happy again, please do share... It would be of a LOT of help for me seeing as there is nobody left in my life.

I just wonder what happened to everyone in my life. I wonder if there was ever people there. My 'friends' ask me for relationship advice even though I've never been in a relationship. Still it helps them so it can't be that bad. I like helping them, ITS SOMETHING TO DO. But yeah, I just think my friends aren't really friends (thanks friends).

I guess I'm just looking for a friend to talk to, because nobody talks to me. I'm sorry that this is so long but... yeah... sorry :/

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Lottie,

I do love the name, welcome to TheSite.org message boards, and massive prompts on reaching out for support, it sounds like you have a lot going on for you, and you feel rather lonely? Being in a similar position in the past, I know how difficult it can be to cope with it, or really know what you want to do. Have you thought about looking at joining Youthclubs in your area? I made amazing friends through that, that I still have!! - Or even volunteering? It's about meeting new people, and really just getting yourself out there. VInspired has a variety of volunteering opportunities for a variety off ages, you should check the site out!!

TheSite.org's question section also has an amazing answer you might want to check out called 'How can I stop feeling so lonely'

Do keep us updated on how you're doing, and I do hope to see more of your posts around,

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHearts
  • Options
    Hey,

I joined a Youthclub before, but got bullied by some of the people... So I left... And as for volunteering, I already have a part time job alongside college so it would be pretty difficult for me to find time, and if I did I'd probably have even more stress than I have now.

It's just that nobody likes me or gets along with me. :(
  • Options
    Hey Lottie and welcome to TheSite - loving the avatar by the way - I love anything to do with space :)

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so lonely at the moment, it sounds like you're not able to get out and about with your family either so maybe the time on your own is even more obvious than usual which must be tough, especially with it being half term. You mentioned you like baking which is a great way to pass the time and a great distraction - perhaps you could suggest cooking one night together as a family?

Whispers makes some good suggestions about youth clubs or volunteering - making friends related to the things that you enjoy can also be a good way of meeting like-minded people if you feel your current friends aren't really around for you at the moment - what sorts of things do you like doing? Do you have any interests that might have local groups for example that you could join or are there any opportunities through your part-time job to meet people?

You also mentioned that you're pretty hard on yourself. If you feel bad about yourself, sometimes this can impact on how other people experience being around you too. Doing things to help boost your self-esteem rather than criticise yourself might also help you on the social side of things.

We have some good info on building your self-esteem here: http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/body-image-and-self-esteem/building-self-esteem-5940.html

Let us know how you're getting on *hug*
  • Options
    Stuff...

Holiday/College
    So I've just come back from a holiday in Portugal which I spent with my family. They thought it would be a good idea to get away from all of the stress from college work ect. The sun was out everyday, I was relaxed and stress free. But I now have no motivation to do any work whatsoever.

I've been going to Portugal since I was 6 and I am truely in deep love with the place. I feel so depressed when not there. I cry almost every night due to not being there. I hate where I live. Its rubbish. England is not the right place to be.

I have dance work I need to complete and was meant to do it over Easter. It's just not happening. I have exams coming up in the next couple of months and I have no motivation to study or revise or anything. I'm sick of education. I even find myself tearing up when doing work, which obviously makes it even harder to complete...

Uni
    When growing up, I got the impression that everybody has to go to Uni and continue into higher education. But what if your offered good work? What if some people just need a break? Because I certainly do! I know what I want to do after college as I am not going to Uni, but everyone keeps on telling me I'm too young to understand and should continue into further education. People say I need to wake up otherwise I won't get anywhere in life. It's like, your looked down upon if you don't go to uni, but 50/60 years ago, not many people went to uni, so why be so force upon teenagers of our current society? It's wrong. Not everybody NEEDS to go to uni. Some degrees ARE wasted with some people. If I don't have any motivation now, how am I going to have any motivation when in Uni?! I don't think I could handle it. It's so much pressure. I need to just get out there and find something to do where I fit in and actually feel like I belong there. Because I know I don't belong here. Uni isn't the place for me.

I'm struggling to see my future that's ahead of me. It's stupid too because I know I've only got to get through 2 months. I could runaway now, but at some point, I will stop. I will think back and regret. I will turn back to my prison cell and have to face the consequences anyway. I gotta be free. But I can't be.

Feelings
    I want to escape from this life and start over. I'm hoping that when I'm free from education (for a while anyway) that I can start a new life and feel a little more free. I used to have someone to guide me but now that I'm older, I have more responsibility and have to find things out for myself. I feel so helpless here. I feel so much fear trapped within me and it's just coming up to escape.

I can't sleep at night and I wake up in the afternoon. I can't cope with all this work. I have so much to catch up on. Theres so much regret, so much fear, so little hope.

It's as if I'm in a box and the only way to get out is with people saying your one step closer. But I'm not. At least thats how it feels at the moment.

Am I chicken? What's happening to me. HELP :(