Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The pros and cons of mental health medication

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hello,
Some of you might have already come across HeadMeds - it's a new website created by Young Minds and has a decent amount of information about medication for mental health difficulties.

I've been having a scout through and have found the videos probably the most interesting - here's one about taking anti-psychotics, mood stabilisers and anti-depressants.

Would be great to hear your thoughts on this new site :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I quite like it, it seems like a really good place to get loads of information (and I also learnt something in 2 mins of putting in what I used to take - turns out there was lactose in my meds and since stopping them I haven't had so many problems so that makes me feel quite favourable towards it in any case!).

On some pages there is probably too much information but overall I'd probably recommend it :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like the general concept.

I think some pages have WAY too much information on, or perhaps the info could be sorted better. Is a bit of an essay at the moment. Also intrigued as to where they have got this information and how they'll ensure it's up to date.....