Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Types 2 Diabetes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After Googling a bit I looked into the Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes and I'm worried that I could potentially have it, I wouldn't be surprised, as my diet has pretty much been binge food.

I have Increased Thirst,
- Increased Hunger, I really can't stop eating.
- Frequent Urination
- I felt tired and weak.
- Blurred Vision
- Headaches

And other Symptoms include,
- Itching of the skin, next to vaginal area. Which is really irritable at the moment, any ways to stop this, would be appreciated to.
- Weight Gain, due to vast majority of food, I've went from 8 Stone 9, to 9 Stone 8 in a week!

What do you guys thing?

Comments

• Options
    It's physically impossible to have gained so much weight in a week! So if this is all true go to your doctor, but I don't see how I could be!
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    It's physically impossible to have gained so much weight in a week! So if this is all true go to your doctor, but I don't see how I could be!

Are you accusing me of, lying?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Miss_Riot wrote: »

Anyway, why would someone lie about being diabetic?
  • Options
    If you ate a shit-ton of Maccy D's in a week I'd imagine you could put on the best part of a stone. But you're more likely suffering from eating a shit-ton of junk than you are of having induced diabetes in a week.

Eat some broccoli and shit some of that filth out and I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Options
    You can easily put on a stone in weight in a week but maybe worth looking at your diet and making healthier changes and see if that makes any difference to the symptoms if not visit your gp for advice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    If you ate a shit-ton of Maccy D's in a week I'd imagine you could put on the best part of a stone. But you're more likely suffering from eating a shit-ton of junk than you are of having induced diabetes in a week.

Eat some broccoli and shit some of that filth out and I'm sure you'll be fine.

The overall symptoms have been rather consistent over a month or so, not a week. However, the weight gain was in the week, where I did infact put on a stone. I've changed my diet over the past week to, so it's rather frustrating all together.
  • Options
    It would be worth visiting your gp as we aren't professionals :) GPS are best to be able to assess you and test you for diabetes should they think it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The overall symptoms have been rather consistent over a month or so, not a week. However, the weight gain was in the week, where I did infact put on a stone. I've changed my diet over the past week to, so it's rather frustrating all together.

It's positive you're starting to look at your diet as even if you go to the docs, that's the first thing they'll ask you to look at and revise. You can reverse the symptoms quite dramatically if you start to monitor your sugar intake. I guess one of the things you might want to consider or talk about is how things have got to this point - are you experiencing significant stress at the moment?