Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The power of voice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, I haven't been round a while as things took an interesting turn of events lately and as a result I've been in and out talking to so many people to try and help me. It's at the point where now professionals are involved and soon a GP.

No matter how scary you may feel about talking, I've learned it will help.
I know how scary it is to speak up and trust people with your most internal self, I've been dragged to so many different people recently to have to talk to and that's frightening I'm too used to internalizing my problems so it is intimidating, but when you find the right person to talk too it's like magic.
Personally I really benefit from talking and cognitive therapy, but that's just me.

But my recent experience has proven to me that things get better when there's someone else to help you along. Friend, teacher, counsellor, doctor another trusted adult, family member or complete stranger, someone is out there to listen. Doesn't always happen at once but the power of voice is so special. Don't lump it till ya try it ;)

But when everything feels all at lost and you feel all alone, remember you are never on your own. As hard as that can be to remember, talking helped to remind me that I wasn't left to cope on my own.

Everyone is worth listening too.

Great to be back :)

13893571765_2826bcd9c3_o.png
*Join in our Easter Egg Hunt! Find all 8 eggs around the boards and PM your list of links to where you found them to Jo7. There'll be a prize draw next week for the winner!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for sharing this Jazzmaraz :yes:

Talking can really help to not feel alone in whatever you're coping with - it sounds like it's really helped you recently and that's great to hear :heart:
  • Options
    Hey Jazzmaraz,

Thank you for writing this post, I think it's so lovely what you've put there and you are so true, talking can really help and just knowing someone's there and it's so easy when we are struggling in whatever way it may be to block people out, to think we can do it on our own and not wanting to be vulnerable and let people in and I know how hard that is myself, but although it can sometimes feel easier, everyone deserves to not feel alone and to not have to face whatever demons they are alone.

Everyone has a voice and everyone deserves to be heard <3

Thank you for your message, it has made my morning reading this :)
    Hope your okay, x