Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ran away from hospital

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had a breakdown at the hospital and threatened to kill myself whilst in the process of harming myself, I had to be restrained by two police laying on top of me during xray, as i didn't have capacity. kicked of so much down the ward crying hysterically that i had a mental health act assesment and placed under a section two. Then i ranaway from the hospital leaving everything there, phones, keys, ipad, coat ect..leaving in just a hospital gown and socks, Getting into a taxi to try and make it home, before being sexually assaulted by taxi driver, I was taken off my section, but now I just feel so alone...ashamed and guilty, to top it all off, I now don't have my phones to contact my care team when I feel like this...

Comments

• Options
    Hey Emmalee,

This sounds like a really traumatic experience from start to finish and it sounds like it's left you now feeling low, ashamed and guilty and on your own. I'm really glad you came and posted here, we care about you here and we want to help in any way that we can. Being in hospital must be really scary but it might be necessary if you're really struggling to look after yourself? How would you feel about going back?

Getting in touch with the care team sounds like the best idea at this point to get things back on track. How might you be able to contact them? Is there someone that can help you to do that?

Let us know what's going on if you want to talk *hug*
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Sounds tough Emmalee - could you perhaps ask at lost property at the hospital to get your things back? Or ask a friend to get them back for you if you're scared of going back?

Have you got a phone number for your care team at all?
  • Options
    Sorry this happened to you. But why did they take you off your section it sounds like you were high risk or they weren't doing there job right doesn't sounds right or safe.

Hope you get the right support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk