Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coffee Appreciation Thread

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
Please, Let's just take a moment to appreciate the founder of coffee ... how he has helped us struggle through long revision nights .... help us get up in the morning after the night before ... and just for making coffee taste so damn fine, which brings us to this question, How do you like you're coffee?

Latte, Cappuccino, normal.....

Think mine has to be Starbucks latte or carte noire black coffee, no sugar :)
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Mocha, or a Frappes :heart:
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I dont like coffee from like costa or neros. I prefer jar stuff. From the shop lol. I have 3 sugars and lots of milk. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    i love starbucks and costa, but theres none up here :( so have to live of the jar stuff, or expresso's at work :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    oooo we'd be happy to have it! :D
  • Options
    I don't care how expensive starbucks is, they make the best cofffee, like every :heart:
    i love starbucks and costa, but theres none up here :( so have to live of the jar stuff, or expresso's at work :P
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IMO Costa and Starbucks coffee is shite! I buy my beans and grind them myself and have it black with 2 sugars
  • Options
    :O you can actually buy coffee in bean form?
  • Options
    lucky! :L we get free expresso's at work whenever lol
  • Options
    Starbucks coffee tastes like dishwater, Costa is average but having learnt about how the roasting process they do they really take care of their coffee
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Latte, one brown sugar one white. Dont care where from. Instant coffee absolutely has to be Nescafe Gold Blend (decaff) :P
  • Options
    I just thought I'd drop into this thread and point out that coffee is disgusting! :yuck:
  • Options
    I just thought I'd drop into this thread and point out that coffee is disgusting! :yuck:

I'm with you on this one. It's vile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    Latte, one brown sugar one white. Dont care where from. Instant coffee absolutely has to be Nescafe Gold Blend (decaff) :P

:O Why decaff? That ruins the point of coffee in the mornings haha
  • Options
    Butterfly and Tues ... There must be some kind of coffee you like! Theres hundreds out there to try! :P
  • Options
    Butterfly and Tues ... There must be some kind of coffee you like! Theres hundreds out there to try! :P

No :yuck:
  • Options

Even making coffee at work makes me feel sick.. Smells horrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    :O Why decaff? That ruins the point of coffee in the mornings haha

was addicted to caffeine when i was 14, about 4 mugs of coffee a day plus a bottle of that cheap energy drink stuff. still get the placebo effect its all good :P
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Cortado or Latte for me. Beans - I especially like Jail Break Has Bean blend or at work I drink Carte Noire Expresso instant stuff.

Off to a Coffee Festival this weekend, too :D
  • Options
    carte noire is the best :P Cortado? :S never heard of that one haha
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    It's a short drink, kind of like a latte but with less milk. It's 6oz as opposed to the 8/12 oz lattes you get.
  • Options
    Place near me has just started doing cortado i was wondering what that was :P i cant touch carte noire. My dad drinks that and i find it smells and tastes like grass funnily enough..
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    Place near me has just started doing cortado i was wondering what that was :P i cant touch carte noire. My dad drinks that and i find it smells and tastes like grass funnily enough..

Coffee Wiki helps when wanting to know about types of Coffee- http://coffee.wikia.com/wiki/Cortado
  • Options
    Oooo sounds good!
  • Options
    was it one of the machines where you put the packet in and it kinda eats you hand? :P had one before and it just tasted like water haha
  • Options
    was it one of the machines where you put the packet in and it kinda eats you hand? :P had one before and it just tasted like water haha

That sounds like a rather aggressive machine O.o
    meggles wrote: »
    Nooo i put 20p in and a cup appeared and filled with boiling hot coffee...in a plastic crappy cup... burnt hands all round. Good ol bus company staff room haha

Clearly learn to never take coffee for 20p ;) - Our college coffee machine is lush, however the hot chocolate out of the machine is ucky, I love the hot chocolate they make at the counter at college, and the one in the outside machine, omg, lush :3

Clearly wouldn't get through the college day without lodes of coffee XD
  • Options
    Costa in our common room with no VAT. Its a completely lifesaver
  • Options
    it's horrible .. i jump and scream everytime it tries to eat me :L
  • Options
    Annaarrr: :O Lucky!!

Meggles: Shhh! it's evil haha