Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My friend was raped today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
My dyspraxic friend was raped today, I don't know the full story of how because I wasn't there but apparently she was invited to someones house, someone she met in college and told her to unzip her jacket and give him a hug.

My friend is a very vulnerable person in the way she thinks and proceeded to do what he said when he pulled down her pants from behind and stuck his penis into her rear. I advised her to tell the police but she doesn't want her carer to find out, she is 20 years old but I thought with her dyspraxia and with it being a rape case it'd eventually escalate and her carer would find out.

I want what's best for her and want the best option for her.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi XHelenBX :wave:

I am really sorry to hear about your friend, she was taken advantage of in a such awful way which must be hard for you *hug* You are very good and caring friend to finding a way to help her through this.

As she doesn't feel comfortable with reporting it to the police and due to her condition the one thing I can suggest is rape crisis which is a national site on different topics around rape but it also has a Freephone helpline which maybe useful to call as they will be able to give you the appropriate advice. Here is the link http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/

I hope this helps you and your friend *hug*

You can keep in touch with us for support and advice.

purple_rain