Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What motivates YOU? #everydaymatters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wow, the weekend seems like a loooooooooooooooooong way away... :crazyeyes

We need some brightening to get through to it ? so we?re looking for some inspiring words, quotes or pictures to keep us all positive. So please tell us about, or show us (pictures, video etc), the things that help you stay on track - it might be pushing for a job you want, getting through another week at college or uni or just life generally!

In a nutshell, tell us what motivates you and why ? we?ll share the best and brightest through our #everydaymatters campaign with Legal & General that went live last week (for more details about the partnership visit: http://www.youthnet.org/2014/03/every-day-matters/ )

Here are some examples to get you going?

13382230793_38e6476b37_n.jpg
13382434914_4a91ef94d4_n.jpg13382434834_69ec63cd02_n.jpg

Comments

• Options
    The thought of going home, and putting my feet up with a cup of tea,
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-alJwOsfM[/video]

This song always motivates me :) Getting a tattoo of some of the lyrics soon! :D
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    The children at nursery motivate me. Sometimes I can feel a bit fed up and sleepy or poorly but when I am at work and see the smiley faces and see them grow and learn and develop into wonderful, clever, happy little people it really motivates me through the tough and long days. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    My letter from Nottingham with my offers on
  • Options
    The thought of one day owning my own home that I can decorate and cook in
  • Options
    The thought of standing at the lectern at a conference on subculture and hate crime, giving a lecture to academics and professionals, being called Dr Riot and respected for my work, and then going home to my loving partner and my family.

All big stuff and not close off but I'm getting there step by step!
  • Options
    Envy's a pretty good motivator. As are tug-jobs and money.

I generally try to be a less of a dick day-by-day: be the person you'd like to meet.

I'd love to meet **Helen** so I've been collecting her toenail clippings and stray hairs and have been gluing them to myself.

"Goooooodbye horses!"
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Cocaine
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    tumblr_n364gorEqA1t06na8o1_1280.png