Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worried About Being Pregnant!! PLEASE READ!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, first of all I’d like to say that I do not need a lecture about any of this. That I understand I messed up not once, but three times and I am planning on taking steps to make sure this never happens again!
I took the ECP in November, December and again on the 31st January (too many times I know!!). It has now been two weeks and I have been reading up on pregnancy symptoms before a missed period. I understand that the pill can cause these symptoms as there is estrogen in the pill but I am now worried about the possibility of being pregnant. I took the ECP on the 31st of January, on the 8th of februaury (8 days after) I spotted for two days. I have abdominal bloating, back pain, cramps, white lotion like discharge, headaches and I feel sick some times in the day. I have visited the toilet more often than I did before taking the pill. I know it’s too early to take a pregnancy test and that I should have learnt the first time if not the second time I took the pill. If anyone has been through this, had the same symptoms or any advice or views I would be very grateful.
Again….. I do not need a lecture about any of this. That I understand I messed up not once, but three times and I am planning on taking steps to make sure this never happens again!

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It's probably your body complaining as it's been messed with for the last 3 months. It's not normal to take ECP 3 months in a row and will create havoc with your cycle and period. It you're still worried in a few days take a test.
  • Options
    Nobody can say for sure. It is quite possible that these are symptoms from the high hormonal doses you took so often in such a short time span. I would suggest you see your doctor about it.
  • Options
    can I go to the doctor this early? I don't want to waste the doctors time or for her to tell me to come back if I've missed my period. Can they even tell 2 weeks before I'm due on? :/
  • Options
    It depends on the day of the conception. If you took it on the 31st January I'd guess you had sex shortly beforehand. Sperm can live up to around 5 days in the mucous membrane of your uterus, so if you are pregnant you are roughly about 2 weeks in. Theoretically it might be enough for a pregnancy test to be positive, but there are of course a lot of ifs and buts (if the blood concentration of hCG is high enough already). The doctor surely can tell you more, maybe it's worth it then living two weeks in agony.

Also the doctor might be able to tell you more about side-effects of the overuse of the ECP. Judge for yourself if it's worth it.
  • Options
    can I go to the doctor this early? I don't want to waste the doctors time or for her to tell me to come back if I've missed my period. Can they even tell 2 weeks before I'm due on? :/

i would go and see ur doctor about it to be on the safe side

what did the Pregnant test say

heres some links
    http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/pregnancy-and-parenthood/pregnancy-testing-4187.html
    http://www.thesite.org/your-body/womens-health/missed-periods-7354.html
    http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/pregnancy-and-parenthood/im-pregnant-and-didnt-know-4477.html

here more links about it
    http://www.thesite.org/thesite/searchthesite?start=0&page=1&serviceId=1&sectionId=0&cssId=theSite&searchMe=+Pregnant

keep us posted we here for u :heart:
  • Options
    Hey IrishLily - just wanted to check in and see how you were doing?

The article bubbley-heather linked to about pregnancy testing says this about when you can take a test:
    If you think you’re pregnant, it might seem like a really long wait, but doctors recommend you don’t take a test until your period is a day overdue. If you can’t tell whether your period is late or not, because of an erratic cycle, or because you’ve taken the pill without a break, then you should wait three weeks after unprotected sex before you take the test. Lots of home pregnancy tests claim to be able to give results earlier than this. The First Response Pregnancy Test for example, can detect pregnancy hormones in 52% of women three days before their period is due.

As you mentioned though the ECP may well have an affect on your cycle so either way a trip to the doctor would be worthwhile to chat things through, although you might not be able to avoid the lecture there ;)

Hope you're doing okay *hug*