Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

minds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have been going through a really tough time and i dont know what todo sometimes i think that cutting is the answer and other i just think maybe i dont deserve to live im loosing all my friends and the only person i have a great friendship with he wants time away from me my depression is getting worse and the antidepressants arent working im to scared to go to the gp got any ideas:crying:

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey WillowTree,

Welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave: Always great to see new users posters, how are you doing today? It sounds like you had a lot going on in the moment when you posted this thread,, but massive prompts on being able to express a bit about what's been going on in the moment. It sounds like you really do want to recover, which is always really positive to hear.

Would you be able to tell us more about your fears of going to your GP, and what you think might happen if you do visit them and express a bit about what's going on? Do you get regular medication checks with your anti-depressants? Often they take around two weeks to actually start working for some people, and at times, it might be a change of medication thats needs, along side therapy. TheSite.org have a great article on what you can expect when visiting your GP around self harm issues, do give the article a read and let me know what you think!

You mentioned self harm, specially cutting, as it's a general coping strategy you use, when were distressed and looking for ways to cope, we do think that is the answer, as we know that coping strategy works, however stopping self harm can be incredibly difficult, and might involve many amount of relapses, but it's about taking it one step at a time, and you have us to support you through that. When you feel the urge starting to build up, maybe it's about looking for distractions, or ways to cool yourself down, TheSite.org have an amazing article on Coping tips and distraction which I reccomend you check out! Often we have to try a variety of coping strategies before finding one that actually works. However, it's taking it one step at a time, and at your speed.

You also mentioned thoughts about being undeserving of living, we all have a reason to be here, often we just don't know what it is, and it's even the little things that matter, have you even considered keeping a 'happy jar' with positive memories in, which you can show yourself when you're struggling, even if it's the little things you put in it. Because recovery is possible if it's what you want.

If you do get to a point where your thoughts intensify, it might be worth contacting Samaritans, they are a listening service for those in distress and also a great listening ear to, they are confidential support, and it's normal phone charges when you call them, maybe it might be worth contacting them? TheSite.org also have a really great link of what actions you can take when you're feeling suicdal to, which again, might be worth checking out. But remember, you're not alone through this.

However, knowing you want to recover, is often the first step to recovering, the second is reaching out, even if it's to people on here, however, massive prompts on being able to post a bit about what's going on for you at the moment, very proud of you, and do keep us updated,

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    reason

well im scared to go to the gp because i just in the past i nearly ended in a mental hospital and i dont want to end up there in away going sort of scares me and no one was there when i was taken up only 2 police officers i dont get regular medication checks sometimes i get tired of taking them and dont i dont like what i am at the moment im going through bereavment counselling cause my nan died last year.i cut around 3 days ago and cut the word stupid in my arm i also have fat as well homes not the best
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello again Willow,

Thought I would drop you a quick response before heading off to my exam. Before Doctors consider impatient, they would often send you to a Psychiatric who would assess you, depending on how you were going in that moment, if they were exceptionally worried about you, you would likely to be sent to A&E to check how you are, and have your assessment there, however, it could be different in alternative areas. It might be worth talking to your GP abotu confidnetiality if you were worried about it.

How is Beverment counselling going? I'm sorry to hear about your self harm however, often we use it as a release, maybe it's about looking at distractions that are helpful in the moment, what distractions or positive coping strategies have you used in the past?

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    me

see when i was taken up i only spoke to a doctor and that was it and i might go and see my gp but it might take a while. bereavment counselling is ok im starting to srtuggle as i have to bring up my cutting and its really uncomftable. and ive been given so many ways to try and stop but its just to much for me to think about