Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Will I have rabies? I am afraid!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.
I live in an undeveloped area. I have a cat. It has scratched me. I am afraid about rabis. I know that the cat has to be checked for 10 days. What symptoms should I look for?
I had been scratched 1.5 months ago and 2 weeks ago. recently I had discontinuing head ache, little pain in muscles, temporary high temperatures, chills, and digestion problems. Now, are These the early symptoms of rabbis, or these are the result of extreme cold that is prevailing here? Perhaps its a simple cold?
I know that for cats to spread rabis, they must have rabbis first. How do I know that my cat has rabbis or not?

Comments

• Options
    If you live in the UK, you almost certainly don't have rabies.
  • Options
    Friend, I live in Bangladesh.
    I did a lot of internet search. Different sites provide different information.
  • Options
    We are a UK based site, and therefore the advice and information we can provide is aimed at people in the UK. The only sure way to know if you are ill is to visit a doctor, we aren't qualified to give medical help :)
  • Options
    What?!?!!!?
    Someone among you can at least tell what symptoms a rabid cat develops over the first 10 days of exposure.
  • Options
    Isn't rabies transmitted through saliva? So being scratched should be fine, so long as you haven't been bitten.
    The thing you have sounds a bit like cat scratch disease though.
  • Options
    Cat scratch disease? What is that? Is it lethal?
  • Options
    I posted a link. Click on where I said cat scratch disease.

Also calm down a bit. Getting so worked up is only going to make things worse.
  • Options
    I found out that cat scratch disease gives one swollen lymphs or something. As I never had any swollen body part ( I mean swollen more than normal) I hope I don't have it. Some symptoms match though.
  • Options
    Find an actual doctor. Asking for a remote diagnosis of your condition over the internet is unlikely to result in anything useful.
  • Options
    What Mist said. We are not doctors.
  • Options
    :(:(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    :(:(

I'm aware going to the doctors is fairly expensive in Bangladesh, but if you afford a computer with internet access, you can get support if you're worried about rabies, but I doubt it's anything to worry about. Good luck though :)