Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'Failed by the Nhs'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone watch this programme (I think it was on last night) on bbc3 ? :)

Sorry if someone has already posted about it, I couldn't find one though

Comments

• Options
    I watched most of this :yes: I still need to watch the ending on IPlayer at some point.

What did you think?
  • Options
    I need to watch the end too but I thought it was very interesting. I could relate to a couple of things and I was shocked by others and how many people feel that way about it. I understand it's mainly to do with costs rather than the Nhs themselves but some of the figures were quite worrying. But then I guess because it was a tv show it may have been edited in a certain way to make it seem worse than it was. And obviously it's not showing any of the good from the Nhs (from what I've seen so far) so I've got mixed feelings about it. It was a good programme to watch though :) how about your thoughts?
  • Options
    Can I ask, did it including "triggering" content? Like scenes of self harm etc. Can't decide whether to watch it or not!
  • Options
    Can I ask, did it including "triggering" content? Like scenes of self harm etc. Can't decide whether to watch it or not!

There were no scenes at all of actual self harm, I will warn though that some of the things said were a little triggering for me. I don't regret watching it one bit though, it was a great programme.
  • Options
    I need to watch the end too but I thought it was very interesting. I could relate to a couple of things and I was shocked by others and how many people feel that way about it. I understand it's mainly to do with costs rather than the Nhs themselves but some of the figures were quite worrying. But then I guess because it was a tv show it may have been edited in a certain way to make it seem worse than it was. And obviously it's not showing any of the good from the Nhs (from what I've seen so far) so I've got mixed feelings about it. It was a good programme to watch though :) how about your thoughts?

I was mostly shocked at the camhs thing, and also hearing about the amount of times that girl has been to the a&e but not once has had a psych assessment.

It was really interesting but also really shocking. I guess a little is about lack of funds but not really, because I agree that some professionals do make you feel like a burden and there's no need at all for that.

Loved loved loved the bit about mindfulness though! Totally recommend that, although it showed me that it's really not for everyone at all. I'm so glad I heard about mindfulness on this site.
  • Options
    When was this on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    BlondieLiz wrote: »
    When was this on?

I watched it I think about three nights ago on BBC3, it might be repeated again but if not it's on IPlayer.
  • Options
    awesome will catch on iplayer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk