Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently two days out of hospital after swallowing a large amount of paraceptamol.
I still feel ill and awful.
When I talked to the lady who tested my mental health she asked if I still wanted to die, I said yes.
The next day I was released from hospital after being told I was mentally and physically sound.
I have a strong feeling of suicide left in me and still want to die so badly, all this has showed me is exactly how desperately I want/ed to die.
I feel awful and as if I should tell someone, I mean someone who can actually do something but I'm scared nothing will get done still.
Help?

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey

Welcome to TheSite, and well done for posting, it's hard to open up about things so well done you!

It doesn't sound like that lady was very supportive if she just let you go. It is normal to feel ill, hopefully once the tablets are all out of your system you will hopefully start to feel better physically.

I think you should defo talk to somebody, a doctor, crisis worker, people will want to help you I guess it's just about finding the right person.

The Samaritans are good as well, they can't help you with like medical stuff but they can listen and be there for you. They have a text number, as well and you can email and phone them. Their text number is 07725 909090 I have contacted them in the past and they are lovely and make you feel comfortable. They are 24 hours too. So there is always gonna be somebody there to listen to you.

Also have you tried distractions, is there anything you enjoy doing?

Sorry my reply isn't that helpful, but want you to know that you can post here whenever, and we want to be able to help you as a community.

Take care of yourself.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well done on being honest with the people in hospital. Do you had a local mental health team or doctor you could trust? Could even request a telephone consultation with a doctor.

If you feel like you are going to act please visit an a & e or walk in centre who can direct you and access some services also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk