Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused in Life...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm coming up to 30 and quite confused as to what I want from life?

I'm single (through choice and have never been happier after a very violent and messy relationship and lots of off and on silly ones, much easier to be in my own little world), got a good set of friends around me, a pretty good job too (I work in Higher Education, it's nights - it's 4 on, 4 off but I also get all the term periods off as to do as I see fit), also off for a volunteering excavation in August 2014 to FIJI!

I'm not sinking in debt but obviously have a loan and credit card like most in this generation, got a degree, go swimming 3x a week, eat well and even lucky to have a hobby whereby I run my own entertainment website.

YET!

I feel something is missing, like I can do better for myself, I work hard, try and be nice to everyone I meet and life has taught me not to be a doormat but still feel I only exist to go from one day to the next, like there is more in life?

How can I be lucky to have all this and feel lost at the same time?

Is this normal?

What am I missing?

Am I ungrateful for wanting more?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's pretty normal, I had all of this a few months back, and felt as though something was missing. I think it's good to think what we do have and be grateful for it. The missing peace will come soon, but you may still feel as though something is missing.

You're not ungrateful for wanting more, I think all of us would LOVE more.

Try accepting what you do have, and don't doubt on the things that you don't have. It may help.

Sorry if it's not a reply you was looking for.

Best wishes,
    :heart: