Looking for support for self harm? This community is a safe space to talk with others who have similar experiences, whilst you may also want to check out our content which has lots of information on things you can do to help your recovery.
Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

:wave: New here and looking to talk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
My name is April and I have been suffering from depression for a while now. Just trying to be positive and avoid my usual coping methods.

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 5,212 The Mix Elder
    Hey April. Welcome to the boards. Hope we can support you. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome to the boards, I notice you're in the US? It's worth noting that this website is aimed at UK young adults, aged 16-25. We have many people that don't fit in these categories, but it's worth remembering that the vast majority of advice pages/information we can provide, will relate to the UK.
    Yes I am. Thanks for the information! I have realized that (a little while after registering. I really need to read more), to be honest. Really, I guess I just kept going with it in the hopes to just talk.
    Welcome to thesite boards April :)
    :) Thank you very much.
    Yes I am. Thanks for the information! I have realized that (a little while after registering. I really need to read more), to be honest. Really, I guess I just kept going with it in the hopes to just talk.

You're more than welcome to be a member, people will still support you as much as they can but just remember we wont know much about help services in America or charities that could support you further.
    I appreciate that. :) And I understand. Sadly from the research I had done, seems America doesn't have sites like these, which is what I was looking for. I feel that it would be ideal for me to talk to people who may be going through similar things as myself, and help each other if at all possible.
    There's lots of help and support here. Might be worth making a thread in Health and Wellbeing explaining your situation so we can other some advice.
  • JamesJames Posts: 1,706 Postholic
    Hi TiggerTears, welcome!

Btoken-Angel's totally right - you're more than welcome, but just bear in mind that some of the services and organisations we talk about might not apply to the USA.

I noticed you've been getting stuck in already, which is great! But if you ever get a bit stuck or just want more info, try our 'Start here' thread, which should give you a good idea of what goes on around these parts :)
    Feel free to post any questions about TheSite in the 'Help Desk' and someone will drop in to help you out.

I'm JPick by the way - one of the mods you'll see floating around. Nice to meet you!
  • AuroraAurora Part of the furniture Posts: 11,713 Part of the furniture
    Welcome to TheSite.org message boards April :)
    Hi April,
    welcome to the site. I'm always here if you want to talk :)
    X