Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i m worthless...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if i am good for nothing... and can't help other people in their work so its mean i don't deserve to be loved.. :( my mother doesn't love me because she thinks i m useless.. i m dumb and stupid...

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey mona.

Firstly I am sure that isnt true. I am sure people love you. And everyone is good at something.

It sounds like your really struggling. You want to talk about things?

I am sure your mum doesnt think those things hun.

Keep posting. Stay strong.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Mona,

It's great to see you posting on the message boards and reaching out, well done :) - I'm sorry to hear about how you feel it sounds like you have a lot of mixed emotions around how you feel. You seem to be judging yourself quite a bit, often judgements, with judgements were only hurting ourselves more. Which can be related to a lack of self esteem, etc. Would you like to tell us why you feel as though 'You're good at nothing?'

You also mentioned that you can't help other people so you don't deserve to be loved, not being able to support other people does not mean you don't deserve to be loved, it's about taking it one step at a time, but looking after yourself first. Have you looked at articles around Self esteem on TheSite.org, they have amazing articles there an amazing one on Low Self esteem! As well as one on Building self esteem.

It's taking it one step at a time though, keep reaching out to us,

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    mona wrote: »
    if i am good for nothing... and can't help other people in their work so its mean i don't deserve to be loved.. :( my mother doesn't love me because she thinks i m useless.. i m dumb and stupid...

Hey mona,

Sorry that you're feeling so sad and worthless at the moment. I'm glad you decided to post, that's not a dumb or a stupid thing but a good way to get things off your chest and get some support :heart:

You mention helping people at work, can you explain a bit more about what you mean? It sounds like you're feeling under pressure to be successful in certain areas and feel that your mum won't love you if you aren't. Is that right?

It would be good to learn a bit more about what exactly has happened to make you feel this way. You might also find out article on boosting self esteem useful to read when you feel up to it: http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/body-image-and-self-esteem/building-self-esteem-5940.html

Hugs *hug*
  • Options
    D'oh - Angel totally beat me to it! Ignore the link as she's already given it :)
  • Options
    i m not so intelligent like my other siblings.... i can't do anything perfectly.. i m not confident like my other sibling... i don't get first position in my class like them.
  • Options
    i often get sick... i can't help my mother in household things.. i think i m just a burden for my parents...
  • Options
    Hi Mona,

Well done on posting out on the boards. It sounds like things are really tough for you at the moment. Do you have anyone who you can talk to about the way you feel? The site have some really good pages to look through so definitely look at the low self esteem one. Things can seem really tough when you think your not good enough and constantly compare yourselves for other. But you have done the right thing by coming here and we are all here to listen to you and help where we can.

*hug*
  • Options
    no i have no one to talk.. and i don't wanna share my feelings with anyone around me.. i had a friend with whom i used to share my feelings but than we had a fight because of her mistake than she begins to make fun of me infront of my other friends... she started calling me insane...
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry to hear that mona.
    Doesnt sound like your friend is being supportive.

Have you told her how her saying those things to you is making you feel?

Stay strong.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    mona wrote: »
    no i have no one to talk.. and i don't wanna share my feelings with anyone around me.. i had a friend with whom i used to share my feelings but than we had a fight because of her mistake than she begins to make fun of me infront of my other friends... she started calling me insane...

Hey Mona,

Well done for being able to post about how you're getting on :) - I'm sorry to hear you have so much going on for you, but you've takena positive step by reaching out on here, which shows you still have hope around recovery, which is always positive. There are lodes of people out there you CAN talk to, for example your Doctor, or even a Helpline like Samaritans, who are friendly and confidential. Maybe it's about reaching out to them when you're feeling low, it can help having a listening ear.

You said you used to share your feelings with a friend, close friends tend to overide fights, maybe you just need some air away from each other. What was the fight about? - Being called 'Insane' is never easy, but it does sound like reliancy had become an issue, so taking a break from each other might do you good. How would you feel about talking to your GP about what's going on, maybe they can help you with issues around self esteem, etc.

But remember Mona, it's taking it one step at a time, and at your pace, but were here for you, and you mentioned confidence being an issue, have you thought about joining clubs to enhance your confidence, etc? Maybe it's worth looking at volunteering in your area?

Best wishes,
    Angel