Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dosnt want christmas to come :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:impissed:hi,

My mum and dad is split up and they both got there own lives. Christmas is making me sooo depressed i dont know where i want to go this christmas my mum and her boyfreind is argueing all the time and they make up. i was so depressed on the phone to a helpline in tears bacause i told my mum that i was thinking of going to my dads beause of the arguing and dosnt want my christmas to be reck. she said that it will upset her if i choose my dads. i already said yes to my dad when my mum and her bf was aguing and i dont want to be in the middle of them both. i dont know what to doo. i was thinking it will upset my dad if i go to my mums and it upset my mum if i go to my dad eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dont know what to do cont stop crying or stop being depressed over it, i just thinking y y y iam i stuck in the middle. i just wished my mum and dad didnt split up in the first place so depressed :(:grump::no::banghead::nervous::crying::crying:

Comments

• Options
    Where did you go last year for christmas? Maybe go to the other house this year, to make it fair. My mum and dad are also split up, and I generally spend christmas at my mums and visit my dad in January and have another "mini christmas" then.
  • Options
    My parents have also been split up for many years. My brother and I tend to spend Christmas at one house and then Boxing Day at the other... I don't know how close your parents live to each other though.

You've already said yes to your father and you're allowed to choose, remember that. Maybe try explaining to your mother that it doesn't mean you don't love her and maybe that next year (if it's possible) you'll do Christmas at hers?

On another note, if the arguments between your mother and her partner are making for a toxic environment you have a good reason for not wanting to spend Christmas there. As I said above, you're allowed to choose how you want to spend your day.
  • Options
    Christmas generally is a hard time, this year is my first without my granddad. Its strange, and with my dad being so stressed there is so many arguments, but its Christmas and Christmas is all about family, you pull together for one an other, stay strong, you're so bubbly and bright. Tell yourself it will be ok, believe in it, and it will happen :)
    Hope your Christmas is merry and bright.
    Here if you need me :)
  • Options
    Flow wrote: »
    Christmas generally is a hard time, this year is my first without my granddad. Its strange, and with my dad being so stressed there is so many arguments, but its Christmas and Christmas is all about family, you pull together for one an other, stay strong, you're so bubbly and bright. Tell yourself it will be ok, believe in it, and it will happen :)
    Hope your Christmas is merry and bright.
    Here if you need me :)

Thanks for ur reply my mum agreed I can go to my dads for Christmas and comming to hers for new years :D all good now
  • Options
    my mum agreed I can go to my dads for Christmas and comming to hers for new years :D all good now

Glad to hear it's all sorted now :)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Really glad to hear that heather. But please remember that the boards are here for you if you need a chat. *hugs* ♡

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "