Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

meds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my doctor gave me this pills it's called Wellbutrin for my depression. at first I took them but after a few weeks I felt that I was feeling the same so I stopped taking them. I am still feeling depressed and sad don't know what to do anymore. :(

Comments

• Options
    Did you go back to the doctor and explain that you feel like they're not working? If not, I think you should.

It can take longer than a few weeks for you to start noticing a difference.

Were here for you.
  • Options
    I have an appointment on February no I didn't tell him. yes it can he told me that it can take a while to see the difference.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Pink Girl,

Many medication takes a fair bit of time to allow your body to adjust to them, but even though it's common for people to go off them after two weeks, it isn't always the best option, the best thing to do is ring up whoever prescribed you the medication whether it be a Psyciatric or your GP and ask for an appointment explaining your view on the medication, and maybe also exploring the options with them. For example when I first started taking Fluxoteine it made feel absouletly dreadful, but it did in the long run gradually improve my mood.

But I do think it will be beneficial if you could bring it up with him, is this the first time your taking medication for your depression? Are you getting any form of therapy along side the medication?

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    The first few weeks you might feel worse, but after about 8 weeks you'll begin to feel better. Stick with it, you might not find the best medication first time but there are lots to try. Go back and speak to your doctor again about other possible options :)
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hey there Pink Girl,

Many medication takes a fair bit of time to allow your body to adjust to them, but even though it's common for people to go off them after two weeks, it isn't always the best option, the best thing to do is ring up whoever prescribed you the medication whether it be a Psyciatric or your GP and ask for an appointment explaining your view on the medication, and maybe also exploring the options with them. For example when I first started taking Fluxoteine it made feel absouletly dreadful, but it did in the long run gradually improve my mood.

But I do think it will be beneficial if you could bring it up with him, is this the first time your taking medication for your depression? Are you getting any form of therapy along side the medication?

Best wishes,
    Angel

yes it's my first time that i'm taking medication. I used to see a therapist too but I stopped going. I don't know why but I still felt like I used to.