Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

DD+ lingerie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyy guys :wave:

So, I am a size 6/8 but an E cup. I've been looking for nice lingerie/sexy outfits etc. for a while, but can never seem to find any that would fit and doesn't cost a fortune! I've got a few things off lovehoney before but they're always too big round the waist and far too small round the bust.

Does anyone know any other shops/websites that are good for DD+?? I'm fine with bras, I'm talking more corsets and costumes!

Comments

• Options
    Bravissimo, Curvy Kate and figleaves are my go to places. Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast that big bras are quite pricey, but if you're lucky enough to find something nice in the sales you might be ok.
  • Options
    Bravissimo.
  • Options
    Bravissimo or Boux Avenue.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Had never heard of any of them except bravissimo. Some of the stuff on figleaves is really pretty, going to need to save a small fortune though! :(
  • Options
    Oh Franki forgot to ask, whats the fit like from stuff at figleaves? Sometimes bras can be so differently sized!!
  • Options
    bravissimo (pricey though), brastop.com, although i think they only do bras and swimwear, and boux avenue do bigger and weird sizes now, and quite good for a high street shop.

I think bigger sizes are always gonna be slightly more but with bras you definately get what you pay for so its not worth compromising
  • Options
    Best to get fitted, too, if you can. Bravissimo is the only place I'm comfortable being fitted because they do it by fit not by measure and I never feel judged
  • Options
    Ultimo are pretty good too
  • Options
    Oh Franki forgot to ask, whats the fit like from stuff at figleaves? Sometimes bras can be so differently sized!!

Depends on the brand - figleaves is like an online underwear department store. I used to almost exclusively buy Wonderbra because the fit is good and is consistent across the brand. Freya are also quite good, but mine have a tendency to dig into my armpits (because I'm overweight, probably) after a few hours of wear.

The best and most comfortable bras I've ever owned have been my Curvy Kate ones, by a long long way. No padding, so if you're going for cleavage maybe not a good bet, but mine are pretty and comfortable and ace.
  • Options
    Corsets-uk.com have some good and regular sales on. In particular you're probably looking at steel boned corsets if you wanna go braless, but they have plenty of fashion items with acrylic boning at a cheap rate too.

Also whilst it's expensive, the alana bravissimo bra has a lovely fit :)

Dammit I've just bought a bra now!
  • Options
    Depends on the brand - figleaves is like an online underwear department store. I used to almost exclusively buy Wonderbra because the fit is good and is consistent across the brand. Freya are also quite good, but mine have a tendency to dig into my armpits (because I'm overweight, probably) after a few hours of wear.

The best and most comfortable bras I've ever owned have been my Curvy Kate ones, by a long long way. No padding, so if you're going for cleavage maybe not a good bet, but mine are pretty and comfortable and ace.

I think most of my bras are Curvy Kate, I love them
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey everyone,

Just popping in to say I've moved this thread to the 'Style & Appearance' section.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I think most of my bras are Curvy Kate, I love them

Fiend has Curvy Kate, I actually get on quite well with Freya (I have narrow shoulders though and no bras ever stay up on them!
  • Options
    Just a heads up:

Brastop are having a sale on Curvy Kate ending tomorrow.

http://www.brastop.com/curvy-kate-offer.aspx?source=webgains&siteid=20363
  • Options
    Franki - you realise I will now be holding you accountable for me spending my Friday late evening sat on an oil rig in the middle of the North Sea doing pretty much the same thing as every guy on board?
  • Options
    Change of plan.

Site is blocked on grounds of being "bikini/lingerie". No shit Sherlock, that's what I wanted. Because I am not as skilled as the rest of the population on board this oil rig, that's my plans for the evening scuppered
  • Options
    I couldn't get on m&s bra page from an nhs computer when I was an inpatient. Shame cos I'd been there long enough to put on so much weight my boobs wouldn't fit in my bra and were spilling out.

I like Debenhams for bras as can get sizes like 32G / 32FF in two packs which work out cheaper.