Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self harm :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since being to a&e two weeks ago and asked to do an ECG because I was having palpitations I had to take my jacket of and I hadn't worn a longer top and was getting looks from people. The nurse asked me what she saw were marks on my arm but I had made up an excuse saying it was my cats that scratched me but you could clearly see scaring. I don't know how I've ended up self harming in the first place. I think it's been going on since August and eating at me since then. I've felt like my arm is to numb now to stop or to feel anything. Some of my other posts on here have lead me to doing this. Such as eating disorder, people giving up on me, friends leaving and not caring. People not talking to me and keeping myself isolated. Also being refused treatment which is what I want to do to get better. It has taken me a lot of strength to post on here for support because I haven't actually told anyone apart from my connexion advisor on the phone and breaking down on the phone because I haven't got the fight left in me anymore to do anything. Also I have not told my parents or anyone because I will be judged and that is another story even telling them. Medication doesn't really work and I feel even more giddy.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Sonia,

I'm afraid I don't have much to say, but offer you many massive *hug*'s - I guess self harm is something that you've done for a period of time, that you forget what you started, and it's become the rock of most coping techniques. Is the self harm something you're trying to stop? I know when I first thought about 'giving it up' I just wasn't ready. It's okay not to be ready. A massive well done for reaching out to the support on here :heart:

It's always daunting when we get looks of people, but often during ECG, they have you on a bed, so putting the blanket over you might have helped a bit, sadly we can't do anything when people stare at us, other than close our curtains over or something. Whats your relationship like at the moment with your parents?

Will writer a long reply or so when I'm home, look after yourself :heart:

Best wishes,
    Angel