Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

not sure how to deal with the news

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry for posting again...

i recieved a letter yesterday from my brothers social worker.. they had a conference meeting thing about my brother and there is a lot of stuff about me, apparently i intimidate and frighten people with my MH issues... in the meeting we have on the 21st the decsion will be that my mum has a choice either to ask me to leave the home or my brother will go into care and if i want to see him i will have to see him supervised onli if they dont see fresh marks on my arms and legs..... how am i suppose to get better if news like this keeps on coming! im sorry:crying:

Comments

• Options
    I thought you got your own place a few months back?
  • Options
    I was suppose to but things went pair shaped and got told I weren't allowed to live to alone...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Options
    So now, you're telling us that you, a person not allowed to live alone, has to leave. Or your brother gets taken into care?
  • Options
    Who said you weren't allowed to live alone? Aren't you over 18? No one can say you aren't allowed to live alone unless you have severe mental health issues and are moved into supportive housing, but even then it takes a long time and they don't make that decision lightly. It will only happen after a long history of issues and sectionings.
  • Options
    You're story confuses me more than anybodies in the entire world does, When there was something going on between me and my brother, and i had a social worker, the social services removed him from my home no matter what my mum said or not because he was a 'danger' to me and stuff, social services main priority is to keep the child safe, happy, clean and cared for at their family home, they aren't a fan of removing them from homes, its an actual last resort, So if it was the case that you're intimidating him, then surely they'd just ask you to move out to places like a hostel? Speaking from personal experiences, its only if you keep returning home that he'd get removed...
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    So now, you're telling us that you, a person not allowed to live alone, has to leave. Or your brother gets taken into care?

months ago i wasnt allowed to live alone... but now i have to go into some sheltered accommodation with the help of my cco that make more sense for you?
  • Options
    Who said you weren't allowed to live alone? Aren't you over 18? No one can say you aren't allowed to live alone unless you have severe mental health issues and are moved into supportive housing, but even then it takes a long time and they don't make that decision lightly. It will only happen after a long history of issues and sectionings.

my phsychiatrist at the time she said i werent safe enough to live alone, yeah im over 18 but apparently with the way my mind is im not allowed to make those sort of decisions dont ask me im repeating what ive been told...
  • Options
    If you've got a place in sheltered accommodation then what's the problem?
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    You're story confuses me more than anybodies in the entire world does, When there was something going on between me and my brother, and i had a social worker, the social services removed him from my home no matter what my mum said or not because he was a 'danger' to me and stuff, social services main priority is to keep the child safe, happy, clean and cared for at their family home, they aren't a fan of removing them from homes, its an actual last resort, So if it was the case that you're intimidating him, then surely they'd just ask you to move out to places like a hostel? Speaking from personal experiences, its only if you keep returning home that he'd get removed...

im sorry it confuses you, the thing is IM the danger to my brother and family "apparently" thats why on the 21st they are having a meeting and getting my mum to kick me out or my brother gets put into care (makes more sense?) if not say! this is the final resort... they are saying that i have S/H infront of my brother and that i rule what goes on and i intimidate and frighten him, my family and everyone else... so their attitdude is remove the cause from the problem... which im the cause.... ive told my cco and given her a copy of my letter and she is going to sort me some sort of accommodation where ill b supported 24/7
  • Options
    If you've got a place in sheltered accommodation then what's the problem?

im not there yet... but the problem is that i have to leave home when i dont feel ready to leave yet!
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi MrsM,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Leaving home can be really scary, especially if you don't feel ready yet.
    You say your meeting is on the 21st, so you have a bit of time to get used to the idea. Did you feel the same way last time you were going to move out?
    Although it must feel like a really big move, maybe this is a positive thing? From what I understand, it sounds like you're not really getting the support you need at home, so 24/7 support could be really beneficial.

Do you know if the sheltered accommodation is near where you live now? Will you be able to visit your family regularly?
  • Options
    JPick wrote: »
    Hi MrsM,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Leaving home can be really scary, especially if you don't feel ready yet.
    You say your meeting is on the 21st, so you have a bit of time to get used to the idea. Did you feel the same way last time you were going to move out?
    Although it must feel like a really big move, maybe this is a positive thing? From what I understand, it sounds like you're not really getting the support you need at home, so 24/7 support could be really beneficial.

Do you know if the sheltered accommodation is near where you live now? Will you be able to visit your family regularly?

yeah i get so me and cco are gunna talk about it more on friday.... no last time i felt different i felt like i was ready but after being detained a few times being arrested and things i feel more frightened to go out and be alone now, does that make me sound like a baby? your right im not getting the support i need at home but living with strangers will send my anxiety thru the roof... no i dont know where it is and no i wont be able to go near my home coz of my brother