Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you throw make up away?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just wondered if people here throw their make up out when it gets old?

I keep a file on my computer with when I opened each piece of make up so I know when to throw them out but apparently this makes me a geek.

I chucked a few lipsticks over the last couple of days that I'd had for 18+ months, inc one I really like that is discontinued. But I rewarded myself with a new lippy - Wing Woman by BeneFit.

Do you chuck or keep til it's run out?

Comments

• Options
    This doesn't make you a geek!

I'm mixed.. depends what it is.

I throw lip gloss and mascara away. I only throw eyeline if and when I have had some sort of infection.. that's rare though so don't really tend to throw my eyeliner away. I have powder foundation and when it's running out and it gets hard to get some onto the brush I crush it up with the hard end of the brush to make sure I use it all as it's so expensive!
  • Options
    I use liquid foundation with powder foundation over the top. The powder fouundation always runs out before the PAO (period after opening) is up although I've had the liquid one just over a year and it wants to be chucked. I will when I get a chance to replace it. Although I'm going through a period of skin changing as I'm on Roaccutane for severe acne so my skin is getting a lot dryer (and clearer - yippee!). So maybe I will end up using different products anyway. I know the shade would be different without the acne on my face.
  • Options
    I can't use liquid foundation! I've tried soooo many times but it's too hard.

Yayy :) glad to hear your acne is clearing up!
  • Options
    I tend to chuck mascara away more than any other products, but as most of my make-up is now MAC I'm trying to make sure I can afford a new one before it goes all smelly and yuck!
  • Options
    I don't throw any away! I don't have lots of different stuff though so it's unlikely I'd be using something that's been open years.
  • Options
    I throw away mascara after 3 months (hence why i never buy expensive stuff). I throw away lipsticks if I've had a coldsore. Otherwise things tend to get used up first!
  • Options
    The only make up i wear is mascara, liquid and pencil eyeliner and i just use it til it runs out. I guess if i has an infection or anything I would but that hasnt happened as yet
  • Options
    I did some more chucking out of toiletries and cosmetics today. Oh and I might have accidently spent a small fortune on new make up at the BeneFit counter in Debenhams, whoopsies.