Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tears

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I been really down for the last few weeks i been having lots of things going threw my head Misses grandma passed away a last week :'( cont stop thinking of her i been hiding in my room in tears wants to kill myself soo bad :( my head keeps saying cont cope and deal with my feeling anymore, its all my fault :( getting me down that bad i want to die :(.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You have people that care about you, don't forget that.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Heather,

Massive well done for being able to post a thread, and I'm sorry to hear about Miss' Grandma, it's always difficult when people pass away, and it can also be a rather lonely time to, but you've done an amazing job by reaching out to the members on here. Do you know what linked to your Grandma's death makes you want to kill yourself, Heather?

We often have thoughts like 'Why wasn't it me' etc. And I know those thoughts can get to an overwhelming point, but it's about taking slow and gradual steps. How the feelings and thoughts you're feeling aren't unusual, I blamed myself for my Grandpas death, as he died on Lung cancer, and I used to give him fag whenever he wanted it. You may have times where you're thinking how things may have turned out differently and stuff, but it's part of the grieving process.

But where here for you through it, so you don't have to deal with it alone :heart: - I do also think it will be beneficial if you were not to hide in your room, maybe talk to other family members about her and share your thoughts about her together, and how you feel, as you won't be the only one going through a difficult time, and it might help to know that you do have family there for you. Have you ever bought her up in conversation?

However some people might find talking to someone they don't know to be more helpful, in comparison to family members, as it is a difficult subject to bring up. However, there a helpline for Cruse Bereavement Care They provide a listening service, and support for those who have been affected by a death. There a really good helpline, I've even given them ago myself, they really do care.

You said it your fault, I'm not sure if you're talking about the death of your grandma or something else, would you like to tell us a bit more about what's your fault? And again, where always here for you, keep reaching out,

Best wishes,
    Angel