Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sorry if this isnt in the right place- self harm maybe triggering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey,
so i haven't posted in a really long time which makes me rubbish but tonight i really need some help.
Anybody else get that jittery feeling where to sit still takes conscious effort? and you cant think properly.
Well ive been off the A/Ds for about a month now (not my choice) and things have been getting worse and worse and i've already tried all the stuff i usually do to not cut but now i cant think about anything else and its been about 18 months now maybe a bit longer but now i want to cut so bad its actually making me cry and i never cry.
Help someone, please?

Comments

• Options
    Have you got a local support team you could contact for some reassurance and advice?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello IceAndFire,

Welcome back to TheSite.org message boards, and not posting for a 'really long time' does not make you rubbish at all! Drop those judgements thoughts. Well done for being able to reach out for support on here, that's a very brave step to take, don't have much I want to say, just wanted to reach out to you really! *hug*'s!

Often when I can't think properly, it can often feel like your minds everywhere, and you're trying to focus on to many thoughts all at once, which is a really difficult thing to deal with it, and I can imagine it would make you feel rather tense and 'jittery' - How have you dealt with moments like this in the past? Or is this the first time it's happening to you? Maybe you could consider doing something relaxing, for example, going for a shower to ease yourself a bit? Or allow yourself to self sooth using your five senses.

It sounds as though the after effect of being taken off your anti-depressants has been a rather difficult one for you to deal with, have you spoken to your GP about this yet? Often they can suggest alternative ways to cope, I find when coming off Anti-depressants instantly make you feel rather panicky, in comparison to being taken of them gradually. Not cutting for 18 months, is just amazing, and you've taken the positive distraction by reaching out for support, are there any support lines you can call giving yourself someone to talk to, for example Samaritans?

Maybe you could do a pros and cons list to self harming, and also create a crisis plan, for moments when you feel yourself slipping to the darker side. What distractions have you used so far? TheSite.org have an amazing coping tips and distractions article you should most defo check out! Where you given any numbers to contact when you felt the need to talk to someone? For example crisis team?

Were here for you, *hug*'s!
    Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    Thank you

Hi Ellie and Angle,
    Thank you both for responding to my thread, I'm just so glad the week is over it hasn't been fun but I've got a doctors appointment on monday, so hopefully they can drug me up again.
    I don't have a local support team and I haven't even been able to tell my friends (the very few who know) whats been going on this week. I'm not so good with talking to people about this.
    Anyway I just wanted to say thanks, it means alot that you could be bothered to answer this.
    The crisis plan is a good idea, Ill give it a go.
    Thanks