Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hosptial fear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I end up in hosptial today beause I had something really bad wrong with me. I had blood spots. I got a really bad fear going. When I went today I was getting all tenced frustrated, I always in tears beause I don't want to be there. I know they are there to help me and iam in the right place to get better I was like that when I was little. I Madden on the phone to my mum saying to her I don't want to be here I want to come home as I hate hospital soo much. I know I got to go in December I wads always have the fear. I really want to over come my fear
What I could do to over come my fear :(:grump:Old Mad

Comments

• Options
    Hey *hug*

I'm glad you got to hospital if you needed treatment even though you're scared.

What is the main fear of being in hospital?

Have you spoken to your dr to tell them how you feel?

Dp :heart:
  • Options
    im scared of that kind of thing to! One way ive made the idea of going being less scary is taking something which keeps me calm with me, so for me its my bracelets and my phone because they make me feel safe!
    You could try that, i know its scary despite you knowing its to help you. is it the idea of getting help which scares you? a new place? being judged? or another reason?
    They were just some things that are my fears with these hospitals/doctors/ anything like that!
    hope your alright, how are you doing?
    x
  • Options
    rosebud wrote: »
    im scared of that kind of thing to! One way ive made the idea of going being less scary is taking something which keeps me calm with me, so for me its my bracelets and my phone because they make me feel safe!
    You could try that, i know its scary despite you knowing its to help you. is it the idea of getting help which scares you? a new place? being judged? or another reason?
    They were just some things that are my fears with these hospitals/doctors/ anything like that!
    hope your alright, how are you doing?
    x

hey thanks for ur reply. I feel a bit better today my arm still cover in blood spots :(
    dollypop wrote: »
    Hey *hug*

I'm glad you got to hospital if you needed treatment even though you're scared.

What is the main fear of being in hospital?

Have you spoken to your dr to tell them how you feel?

Dp :heart:

Thanks for ur reply too *hug* yep they know but they not doing nothing.

Sorry for. The slow reply been busy
  • Options
    hey thanks for ur reply. I feel a bit better today my arm still cover in blood spots :(

awww lovely, thats not good :( what is your fear of the hospital?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Heather,

I know many people have a fear of hospitals, so you're not alone. But I'm glad you were able to go there and seek support for yourself, who had taken you? It often helps talking about being scared with people, and expressing the fear, I sometimes find reassurance helps, when I need it most, or something to actually go through it with me. As personally, going to hospitals alone scare me quite a bit!

And it's okay to be tear'ey! But feeling tensed and frustrated can be difficult, as we just feel our bodies warming up and we do often just feel trapped, have you ever used mindfulness, Heather? I find moments like that being able to relax a bit really helpful. Or maybe engage in a random chat with someone to allow your mind to be taken of it, and keeping in mind, everything is as it is.

However, maybe it's about working towards coming over your fear by creating an anxiety hierarchy, completing tasks to actully start overcoming your fear slowly, fears can't be overcome really quickly, it's about taking it one step at a time, exploring what you're most scared off, setting yourself tasks, for example just standing outside of the hospital, then maybe in the hall way, for as long as you want, but it's about slowly allowing yourself to reduce the fear, and allowing yourself to feel safer.

What have you done in the past to overcome fears? As I know you've been in hospitals for operations etc. How have you coped then?

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hey Heather,

I know many people have a fear of hospitals, so you're not alone. But I'm glad you were able to go there and seek support for yourself, who had taken you? It often helps talking about being scared with people, and expressing the fear, I sometimes find reassurance helps, when I need it most, or something to actually go through it with me. As personally, going to hospitals alone scare me quite a bit!

And it's okay to be tear'ey! But feeling tensed and frustrated can be difficult, as we just feel our bodies warming up and we do often just feel trapped, have you ever used mindfulness, Heather? I find moments like that being able to relax a bit really helpful. Or maybe engage in a random chat with someone to allow your mind to be taken of it, and keeping in mind, everything is as it is.

However, maybe it's about working towards coming over your fear by creating an anxiety hierarchy, completing tasks to actully start overcoming your fear slowly, fears can't be overcome really quickly, it's about taking it one step at a time, exploring what you're most scared off, setting yourself tasks, for example just standing outside of the hospital, then maybe in the hall way, for as long as you want, but it's about slowly allowing yourself to reduce the fear, and allowing yourself to feel safer.

What have you done in the past to overcome fears? As I know you've been in hospitals for operations etc. How have you coped then?

Best wishes,
    Angel

ANGELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :D

I all ways like that when it comes to them i still have the fear when i went. i was getting really angry when i was in the hosptial on sataurday i just wanted to go home. i ran away from them that day i dont know y i have a fear of hopstials.

hope ur ok xx
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Heather,

The issue with running away from hospitals is, the Hospital can potentially call the police to bring you back in, if they were to be worried about you. Which is a lot more scarier. I guess with hospitals, it's about forcing yourself to stay in, in comparison to wanting to leave, which is often what we want to do when were scared. Do you know what was making you angry when you were in hospital, what was going on?

Best wishes,
    Angel