Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nerve damage from antipsychotics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So.. I have been experiencing severe pain this year and came off antipsychotics in summer (my choice- I refuse to go back on them). I am worried that the drugs have done some damage to my body. I tried a lot of them and got a lot of horrible side effects. I'm pretty sure I have post traumatic stress from the mental health system (I won't go into details on here). Does anybody know if this could be a possibility? I used to get pain sometimes but it was never as bad as this and as long lasting. I am taking meds for it and waiting to go to pain clinic. I absolutely detest those psych meds and how psychiatrists can forcefully inject them into people. I hate it. I am having nightmares and flashbacks, crying and fits of rage. I think of it all the time. I am so tense. They have done so much damage. Now I am wondering, not just emotional damage but perhaps physical too? It is a heavy and troublesome subject so please be kind, I am only asking. thank you.

Comments

• Options
    http://www.bnf.org/bnf/index.htm you'll need to register to read the text, or read the leaflets that come with your drugs

There's so many possibilities with drug interactions in our bodies from personal idiosyncrasies to what you had for breakfast that to get proper information you need, really, to talk to a professional.
  • Options
    It's most likely a flare up of the fibromyalgia but it totally depends on what medication it was. There are more side effects than you can shake a stick at with most of them but few have effects after you stop taking them.
  • Options
    I've had a quick look round on the net, and there's nothing about nerve damage BUT as all the sites say, for absolute information (all side effects) you need to look at that BNF link or speak to someone professional.
  • Options
    http://www.patient.co.uk/ Patient.co.uk may also be able to help.
  • Options
    thank you guys, I have had a look and though it is interesting, especially one they gave me that is intended for severe agitation with psychosis etc.. I am now taking some new pain meds and they are fantastic. Still got a way to go with emotional stuff, but I feel I can move easier now and far less stiff and tense. Well, if anything comes up that you might see on your travels please do keep me in mind and let me know. thank you.