Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Experiences of the Crisis Team?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi just wondered if people could tell me about their experiences being under the crisis team? What sort of care did you have? Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    Mixed -
    When I had a psychotic episode I had a lot of help, not all of it useful but when I needed help it was there. When I felt suicidal even when I had my support worker and my GP calling them begging them to take me on I couldn't even get refered there. So I had friends look after me for 2 weeks instead. I think they have more resources if you have certain symptoms, and it all depends on the area you are in. I know my area is much better for secondary care than primary and the crisis teams are over stretched but where I was in London before it was the reverse. Each person's experience can depend on so many different factors.
  • Options
    Ah thanks a lot for your reply, I guess it does depend definitely. It's just I have been under them before and looks like I have to go back under them again but i'm wondering if alternative arrangements could be made this time especially because I don't want them coming to my house, not sure if they'd be prepared to meet me somewhere instead. It is ridiculous how overstretched they are so many people don't get the support they deserve and so desperately need. Thanks for sharing x
  • Options
    mine were just incompetent
  • Options
    Oh sorry to hear that.