Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Health anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have health anxiety? Like the smallest thing causes you to get worried, look it up on the web, or go to doctors and think you might have something serious? And this can turn into panic attacks and depression? And this can make the physical symptoms worse too?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Ybe7

Welcome to TheSite! I hope you find it useful to post here - I'm sure if others have personal experiences of this they'll chip in later, but I thought I'd say hi and also let you know about our introduce yourself forum which is a great place to say hello to everyone properly if you'd like to.

From what you are describing, it sounds like you're talking about hyperchondria, which is the official name for health anxiety. It might help you to read through this info from the NHS as it has some useful bullets points to help you consider if you may have hyperchondria, as well as telling you how your GP can help.

I hope this helps, and that you stick around - do keep posting
    Spanner :)