Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Panic attacks: live chat to share your advice

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
:wave: I'll move this over to the announcements forum in a bit, but just wanted to post this here to help make sure the right people see it.

We're running an afternoon session inviting you to come and share advice about panic attacks based on your personal experiences. We'll be looking to publish the advice in a new article on TheSite.org.

Here's the sign-up form if you're interested http://bit.ly/panicattackschat

It's 4pm on Wednesday 14th August in TheSite chat room - http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Any questions feel free to drop me a PM :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never done a chat before but this is something I certainly have a lot of experience with.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Never done a chat before but this is something I certainly have a lot of experience with.

Would love for you to come - can you make the time?
  • Options
    Gutted I will miss this as its something I've had to learn to cope with in recent months but I'm away...
  • Options
    Gutted I will miss this as its something I've had to learn to cope with in recent months but I'm away...

I can post the questions that we ask in this thread afterwards for those that can't make it :)
  • Options
    I'm sure I can spare an hour to procrastinate from doing my work :P
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I'm sure I can spare an hour to procrastinate from doing my work :P

:heart: don't forget to sign-up :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    :heart: don't forget to sign-up :)

Done :)
  • Options
    Hey guys.. lots of chat activity this week!

This is happening on Wednesday afternoon so don't forget to sign up if you're interested :thumb:
  • Options
    I was thinking about this, but I'm a bit old(!) and can't guarantee I'll be able to make it - I'll keep an eye on the thread and sign up nearer the time if you're still seeking bodies :)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I was thinking about this, but I'm a bit old(!) and can't guarantee I'll be able to make it - I'll keep an eye on the thread and sign up nearer the time if you're still seeking bodies :)

You're more than welcome to join picc :)
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    You're more than welcome to join picc :)

Cool, once I'm a bit firmer on my plan for the afternoon I'll let you know :thumb:
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi, don't think I'll be able to make it, but I wouldn't mind answering the Qs if they're posted after :)
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    Hi, don't think I'll be able to make it, but I wouldn't mind answering the Qs if they're posted after :)

Fab :)

This is today folks - feel free to join at the last minute if you happen to be around.
  • Options
    We're open :)
  • Options
    Panic Attack Answers;

We just had a brilliant chat with two extremely informative people, but I am aware some of you wonderful people wanted to be part of the chat so couldn't make it, so I have put the question on this discussion board:

Can you tell us a bit about your experience of having panic attacks?

What do you do if you think you're having a panic attack

Do you have any words of support or encouragement for people in your situation? And any tips to cope?

How do you handle day-to-day life with anxiety?

What do you do when you feel yourself spiralling into an anxiety meltdown? I.e. catastrophising everything. How do you get out of that cycle once you're in it?

How do you feel about the fact you have anxiety? Resentful? That you've missed out on so much? Or is there a positive side too?

You can either post your own experiences and answers on this board or if you would feel more comfortable e-mailing Helen then obviously you can do :)

Would be lovely to hear from you lot.