Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really Angry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i found this site while looking for help. i'm 19 and have a really short tempor. when i get angry i'm really not a nice guy. i've been in a few scrapes and i've been in a bit of trouble with the police. i really need to get my tempor sorted. i no i'm in the wrong when i lash out and get angry. when i think about it i'm scared where it could end up.

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Luke,

Welcome to TheSite.org message boards, and a massive well done for posting. It's a common feeling to be scared of what might happen if your angers get to overwhelming for you. I know I've had the issue of lashing out to people when I've gotten frustrated or angry with them, and it really doesn't help.

However, you need to drop the judgements first, do you feel as though you can control your anger at all? I know at times I just can't keep control of myself, and that's when we can't decide whether we are nice or not, but it doesn't make you mean, it just shows you're struggling. TheSite.org have an amazing article on dealing with anger, which can be found on this following LINK...I really found reading the article really helpful for me :)

I've also used mindfulness to control my anger. Have you ever used mindfulness? :)

Have you ever considered seeking help for your anger Luke? Sometimes have someone to express your emotions or having a way of controlling it and having a plan in place when you feel the anger build up can be beneficial for how you are feeling. What kind of things make you want to lash out?

It's also great to see you notice that it isn't fair to lash out at other people, which is a first positive step to take, so well done, and please keep reaching out to us :) Sometimes, it can also help to have a way to release the anger, like a punching bag, or even your pillow, however, often taken our aggression out on other things can leave us feeling hopeless and even more angry. But it varies with people.

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I tend to hit objects, not people.
    When I feel my blood boiling and I'm ready to hit someone I look for the nearest thing I can hit. Usually a wall. -that isn't the best, I wouldn't advice that, but I do try to aim for soft stuff like pillows.

Have you thought about exercise? Boxing maybe? Regular exercise at the gym (or something) might help you work out your frustrations. It might be worth trying out, and if it doesn't work for you, then you can keep trying until you find one that does.
    Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    i dont really think i can control my tempor i just lose it and dont really notice it until after. i saw some person about my tempor a couple of years ago but that didnt really work out. i just cant seem to help it. when i lose my tempor i always feel dead bad after but a few days later i dont seem to care anymore and i’m back to losing my tempor.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Luke,

Thank you for getting back to us. I do think anger is something anyone can control to be honest, often, our body gives away little signs to the build up of it, at times we don't notice it, and sometimes the signals are really loud. However, I do think with the right form of support you can reduce your temper. And be able to notice it more.

Mindfulness is often use to help people calm down, and to help people notice what's going on, and something anyone at any time can use, being able to explore Mindfulnenss and trying out stuff like progressive muscle relaxation can be beneficial for you. Here's a YouTube video you might want to check out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFwCKKa--18.

Mindfulness, as I said, can be used at any time during the day, even when you aren't struggling or getting overwhelmed, it can also have a beneficial effect on people to, however, it's something that takes a lot of time getting used to. Many therapists now recommend mindfulness to young people, however, it's not widely offered.

Have you been to your GP about your anger, and reconsidered getting more help with it, Luke?
    Remember you're not alone, and were here for you,

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    i'm just such a screwup. 'really no why i bother tryin to change cuz everytime i do i just screw it up. my tempor just seems to take over at the smallest of things. someone can just say the wrong thing and i just go off on one. i was chucked out of college the other week for deckin someone. he was being a right wee wideo and i just pure lost it. college was ment to be a chance to change and i screwed that up like i always do. my da found out today that id been chucked out and he wants me out of the house. he says he can't put up with it anymore. got a month to sort out what i'm going to do.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey luke,

I'm sorry to hear you're having to leave home. It seems like you're going through a tough moment and facing a lot of uncertainty.

It sounds like you temper is the underlying issue here. You said that you saw someone about it a couple of years ago, but that it didn't work out. Can I ask what happened and why it wasn't helpful? Some people find that talking through what goes on inside their head when they get angry can really help and understand and control their temper. Would that maybe work for you? Also, do you think you could talk your dad down from throwing you out if you told him you were getting support?

Did you manage to have a look at the article **Angel** suggested? If so, was it useful? Perhaps you could also take a look at Anger Manage, a site dedicated to helping people deal with anger.

Keep us posted, and if you ever need to vent, we've got a thread for that.

JPick