Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blog!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do many of you have a blog? I'm thinking of starting one and putting all my short stories there, book reviews etc.
Can I do that even if I'm a technical nightmare? I've seen this http://website.1and1.co.uk and heard about wordpress and blogger, but don't really know the difference between them all.
Also, how often do you blog? Every week? More?

Comments

• Options
    I try to blog weekly. I won't blog every week though - because I don't want to sound as though I'm moaning all the time.

I use Blogger.
  • Options
    No need to pay for 1&1 when there's wordpress et al. I have a Wordpress blog that I update sporadically and I like it. It's simple without being patronisong.
  • Options
    1. WordPress is probably the best for functionality / ease of set up

2. Updating can be daily, every few days, weekly or less frequent. The trick is to pick a frequency and stick to it.

3. I'd stick to a theme on a blog instead of meandering over everything that's happened on your life. Essentially this means people interested in that theme know what they're getting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • Options
    Wordpress or blogger.com

As others have said, no need to purchase a domain or anything. I'd echo the trying to keep a blog to a vaguely similar subject to keep people on thread.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've tried a few times but never found much to say.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

3. I'd stick to a theme on a blog instead of meandering over everything that's happened on your life. Essentially this means people interested in that theme know what they're getting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have 2 blogs for this reason.
  • Options
    I use wordpress for my blog and find it really easy to navigate around. Some people find blogger more easier to navigate though :)
  • Options
    Thanks.
    I'll try to keep it writing based, there are a lot of them around but I'm going to give it a go anyway.